Chapter 13: Round of Apologies

"What was that?" I demand, as soon as the boys return to the burrow, just moments after my own arrival.

They stumble coming out of the fireplace a bit and take their time to wipe away all the ash and dust they had collected. I cross my arms and tap my foot impatiently, letting all my anger boil up.

"Rose don't be mad." Al pleads. I raise my eyebrows in an 'are you kidding me' way, shutting him up.

"Flare it is not a big deal." Scorp insists, rising up to his full height, making him tower over me.

"No big deal? Are you serious? You spied on me."

"We just wanted to see what all the fuss about this Damien fellow was about," Al adds quietly but sits down on the couch at my glare.

"Well if you were so worried, why didn't you just ask to come with?"

"You seemed all too eager to run off and see your precious Duncan, that we assumed you didn't want us around," Scorp says rudely.

"His name is Damien and I was eager to see him. I hadn't seen him for a few days!"

"You didn't see me for over a month, but that didn't seem to bother you!" Scorp shouts, throwing his arms out in frustration. "I don't recall you writing us any letters or knocking on the door to spend time with us."

"It is a two-way thing! I didn't get any letters either, nor did you come to see me. You two won't even talk to me here! You are too busy having a guys night, so don't you dare put all the blame on me!" I fume poking my finger in his face.

Scorp flinches, but he doesn't back down. "You've been ditching me for months now and suddenly you're upset because we want to spend time with you?"

We were both shoutings now, filling the empty house with our yells.

"You didn't want to spend time with me! If you did you guys wouldn't have had your precious boys night last night!"

"And if you wanted to spend time with me you could have!"

"How?" I cry. "You seem to be so busy with Belle and Al that I don't seem to fit into your life anymore!" My vision starts to blur with tears, but I refuse to cry.

Scorp stands there speechless. I meant what I said. I'd been feeling that way for a while. Lately, he had seemed so preoccupied with other things, that I had been put on the backburner. It wasn't a huge deal during the school year, I know how difficult it is to handle schoolwork, quidditch, and social life, but this was summer. There was no school work, quidditch, and that left only time for friends, and yet he was still busy all the time.

"Flare it isn't like that and you know it." Scorp manages.

I sigh shakily and take in a few deep breaths. "You know what. I'm done apologizing. I did nothing wrong. If anything you should be the one apologizing to me."

"Me!" Scorp cries, "I didn't do anything wrong either. You should be the one apologizing."

"Well, I'm not going to apologize."

"And neither am I!"

We stand nose to nose, anger seething out of our eyes. When Scorp and I usually argued, it was always about something dumb, like classes or who Al liked better. It was never like this and it never left me wanting to cry.

"I'm sorry Rose." Al pipes in moving to stand in between Scrop and me.

I blink, moving my eyes away from Scorp's heated glare. "It's okay Al. I forgive you" I whisper. "But will you tell Scorpius that until he apologizes, I won't be speaking to him."