Chapter 11: Complicated

Lily🔝

I hang out with Scorp and Al for the next few days. It was weird being apart from them and especially strange that this was the first time I had seen them all summer. Usually, we'd get together every few days, but for some reason, we didn't. I missed them.

All the older cousins have been in and out all week, all claiming to be busy. James has been to the burrow once. He says he is out searching for a job, but really he goes and spends all day with Alice. I know, because she keeps owling me to tell me that I was right about James and that he was great.

Roxanne & Fred are helping Uncle George at the joke shop. Teddy & Victoria are apparently to busy planning their wedding to show up, and Lucy? Well she is a bit preoccupied owling her boyfriend. All the adults were off at the ministry. Even Grandma, although I'm not sure why she would be there. They leave early in the morning, and don't return until well after nightfall, leaving us to fend for ourselves.

***

"Hey Rose, up for a game of quidditch?" Hugo pops his head into my bedroom on a particular boring day. Usually I am not big on playing quidditch, but we Weasleys know how to make it fun. Together, with our broomsticks in hand, Hugo and I race out to the makeshift quidditch field. Everyone is already out there, waiting for us. We mix into two teams of six, having enough with James, Fred, and Roxanne who finally decided to show up. James brought along Alice much to my delight.

"Alice!" I squeal, running over to hug her. "How has your summer been Alice?" I ask, pulling away from her.

"Pretty perfect." Alice admits with a blush, sneaking a glance at James, who was obviously listening. Hearing this James puts on his signature smirk and wraps an arm around her shoulder.

"I'll take full credit for that," James says winking at her.

"I thought you were out job hunting James?"

James shrugs without much guilt. "Spend time with my family, or Alice." He holds out his hands, as if he was weighing his choices. "I think I'd have to go with Alice there."

Alice smiles up at him.

Hugo announces the teams, pulling my attention away from the sweet couple.

Team one consists of Me, Hugo, James, Molly, Louis, and Fred. Team two was made up of Roxanne, Dominique, Lily, Al, Alice, and Scorpius. For some reason my team decided I would be the best beater, and being we were one player short of a full team, I was the only beater. I'm clumsy on a broom, and struggle just staying on, and they expect me to be able to swing a bat while I ride a broom? Not likely, but I sure was going to try.

"You ready to lose Flare?" Scorp taunts me. He flies with ease around me, showing off. Having been on his own house team as a seeker since second year, Scorpius was an excellent flyer. He'd tried teaching me how to fly, but I could never get the hang of it. Scorp knew I was going to have a difficult time playing better, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me struggle.

"Are you? Because my team is going to win."

Scorp smirks. "We will see."

James releases the balls, and we're off. A mass of chaos occurs as soon as the balls are released. James dives at the quaffle, but Alice picks it off right underneath him, and zooms towards the goal post.

Laughing, Alice throws the quaffle at the goal post. Molly dives to save it, but misses. Team One: 0. Team Two:10. Hugo takes the quaffle, and darts to the other end of the field. I fly around messing with the other team. Cutting them off, flying around them, and doing everything I could to try and help. I try send bludgers at people, but miss the bludger by a mile, and almost end up falling off my broom. I felt extremely proud of myself when I almost caused Scorpius to fall off, by cutting him off. I send a girlish wave at him over my shoulder before flying off to cut someone else off.