Chapter 33: Home

We land in the hot white sand that surrounds the pathway to my house. I breathe in the inviting smell of the ocean air. 

"Home." I whisper in a dreamy sigh. 

"Come on lets get you inside." Scorp orders already dragging me to the doors. 

Al pushes open the door for us. We walk into the living room and I collapse onto the couch closing my eyes ready to sleep.

Scorp and Al shout terrified as I do so. 

"Sorry!" I say sitting up. They let out a relieved sigh before both yelling angrily at me for scarring them. "Sorry." I say again, laying my head on the arm rest of the couch and putting my feet up. 

"I'll go make you something to eat." Al says, leaving the room. 

Scorp throws a blanket over me and lifts my head up, moving his way under me, so my head would lay in his lap. I don't object and rest my head. He runs his fingers through my usually straight hair, but I'm sure it was a wild mess. He stops when his fingers start to pull at the tangles. 

"Accio brush." He says. A brush flies into his outstretched hand. I let him brush my hair, getting out all the tangles, until they are all gone. He sets the brush down beside him and goes back to running his fingers through my hair. I sigh contently. 

"You know this has been one interesting year and we aren't even half way through it." Scorp jokes. He was right. It was only November. 

"I'm sorry." I say again, bringing the light and cheery mood down to a gloomy one instead. 

"What are you sorry for?" Scorp demands, sounding angry. 

I sit up. "For what I did. For the spell. For not listening to you about Damien. Fo-" 

Scorp cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine quickly. 

"You have nothing to apologize for. I'm just glad you're okay." 

"But you tried to warn me about Damien and I didn't listen." I argue. 

"I only warned you about Damien because I didn't like that you spent anytime with a boy you use to fancy." 

"I never fancied him, as much as I fancied you." I point out in a hushed tone. 

"But he was your friend and he betrayed you. Are you okay? And be serious. This is me we are talking about here. I know you tell everyone you're fine, but I know you're not. So I'm asking you now if you're okay emotionally, not physically, but emotionally are you okay?" 

I pause, before shaking my head. A tear slips down my cheek and before I can stop them more slip through. 

Scorp pulls me into his chest letting me cry on his shoulder, soon his shirt is soaked through. I push away from him and chuckle at his shirt. 

"I ruined your shirt." 

"I have more." 

"I just I thought he was my friend. I can't believe I was so stupid to let him fool me like that." I finally admit. 

"He fooled all of us you're not stupid Flare. Not even close." 

"I am a Ravenclaw after all." I mention. 

Scorp laughs and brushes the remaining tears off my cheek. "That you are." 

"I love you Scorp." 

"I love you too Flare." He pauses and takes in a nervous breath "And I don't ever want to live without you again. Everything that has happened these past few weeks has made me realize just how much. I know we haven't been together long, but I love you and I want us to be together for the rest of our lives."