14. Lonely Hearts

3rd P.O.V.

"N-No he... HE CAN'T BE DEAD, YA GOT THAT!!" Sachiko ran out of the room with tears in her eyes. Everyone left in the room stayed silent as Naruto balled up his fists and punched Tsunade's desk.

"There's no way that ero-sennin..." The jinjuuriki looked down not wanting to admit it. "Sachiko..."

"I'm sorry-" Naruto left before Tsunade could finish her sentence. It was once again silent in the Hokage's office.

~~~

Sachiko sat by the river as she watched families walk pass as they smiled and laughed. "I love you, kaa-san and tou-san!" The greenette burried her head in her knees as she held her legs tight. 'Tou-chan, otou-san...' The sun was starting to set and the sad greenette did not move an inch as she sobbed.

"Mah, you know everyone's worried about you?" Kakashi spoke as he made his way to the greenette, sitting down next to her. It was quiet, but neither didn't mind.

"T-Tou-chan helped me... he r-raised me, dattejane." Sachiko sobbed. "I-I didn't even get to say goodbye..." the jounin glanced at the teen before looking back at the river. Ever since Kakashi was forced into giving Sachiko training he started to see Sachiko as a little sister rather than an annoyance.

"What would Jiraiya-sama say if he saw you crying?" Kakashi asked her with his gaze still on the river. An image of Jiraiya's smiling face popped into Sachiko's head, making a small smile appear.

"As long as your remember the ones you love they'll never die." The teen replied and Kakashi nodded in approval. "Kakashi, thank you."

The jounin smiled behind his mask as both watched the sun set together.

_______________________________________

"I hope Sachiko and Naruto-kun are okay." Riku spoke as he took a sip of his jasmine tea. "The news must really taken a toll on them."

"Then what are we sitting around here for, Riku? We should find them and cheer 'em up!" Nagisa bit into in dangos, making a mess on his face in the process. "For some reason it hurts to see her like that. To see the her upset makes me feel upset, y'know?"

"Yeah, I know."
_______________________________________

After a while Kakashi and Sachiko decided to split ways and go home. As soon as Sachiko closed the door to her apartment she started to cry into her knees before feeling exhausted and falling asleep. In her hand was her goggles that she always wears as it was her first present that Jiraiya gave her. "Y-You promised, d-dattejane!"

~Time Skip~

Naruto left to go training. Sachiko started to take more missions, which worried Riku and Nagisa as they knew she was still trying to escape the pain. But they couldn't blame her. They knew she went through so much and so both agreed on letting her get it out of her system.

It was the day she was on her way home when Pein attacked. Sachiko came home to the sight of a destroyed village that took her in and allowed her to call home. In the middle was the man known as Pein. Faster than light itself Sachiko threw a kick in his face that threw him across the ground at great force. Everyone was surprised at how fast she was.

"You..." Pein slowly got up and stared at the greenette in front of him." YOU DARE LAY A HAND ON MY HOME!!"