Denmark x Reader

─────𐬹◦✩◦𐬹─────
Be your king?
─────𐬹◦✩◦𐬹─────

I just noticed my first couple of chapters and I really need to edit them wow the English sucks and I need to finish all the drafts I have- too many.

This is for @yukiiAsuna995

Matthias was waiting for this day his whole life. He was absolutely sure of it that (Y/N) would accept his proposal. He loved her and she loved him. Their love was unconditional and unbreakable. Sure, they had their fights, like in every relationship, but they would always sooner or later make up. He always made sure to give her a gift of flowers after such argument, even if she was wrong.

He had decided to ask when she least expected it and so he was going to propose at an airport. Yes, you read that correctly, an airport. (Y/N) had to leave for a month to (Home Country) due to family problems. Matthias thought it was a brilliant plan, after all this time waiting to see her again, it'd be a big surprise.

The two were moderately okay with money so Matthias was able to afford a lovely ring. The ring was similar to a crown or tiara, meaning to represent that she was his Queen. It had gemstone in the centre and delicate and detailed patterns carved, etched and adorned on it. It was a fine piece of jewellery. He had been fidgeting with it, slipping into one hand and then the other, as he nervously awaited her return.

"Matthais!"
The said male swiftly turned round to face the sweet voice. As soon as he did so, he was engulfed in a hug.
"I missed you so much, Matthias!"
Matthia let out a chuckle as he let her go. He waited for a brief moment. He took a deep breath and looked at her straight in the eyes.

"(Y/N)..." he breathed.

The girl only tilted her head in response.

He kneeled in front of her and presented her with the ring "Will you, min dronning[1], allow me to be your king?" He was surprised that he did it so straightforward and quickly.

The was a sudden silence around them, many of the surrounding strangers were expecting a positive answer. It wasn't everyday to see a proposal, especially in a place like this.

(Y/N) gasped "Yes, yes! Of course, I love you so much!" She looked so happy, her smile was bigger than ever before. He quickly stood up, silently slipped on the ring and gave her a long passionate kiss. He placed one hand on her cheek and another round her waist.

"Hehe, I love you so much too~"

And thus, a loud applause and cheering came from the crowd and people. Some shouted a few congrats. This was a fairytale that was sure to have a happy ending.

~~~~Extended Ending~~~~( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)~~~~~~

"Huh? Aw, min dronning is crying~" The Dane laughed.

"S-shut up." She lightly punched his arm, her eyes were threatening to be filled with tears.

"Aww~ Don't worry, min dronning, I'll protect you from those tears!" He used his finger to gently wipe a tear that had escaped.

[1]'My queen' in Danish