Prologue

For a world to be created it takes imagination, commitment, and a whole lot of love

For a world to be created it takes imagination, commitment, and a whole lot of love. It helps too if you have patience and some magic. Being the sons of what was called a Witch then, the Grimm Brothers met all those requirements and ended up fulfilling their dream of creating a world where anything was possible and the sky was ruled by Dragons.

Allow the writer to clear something up. While there are the Grimm Brothers and the Brothers Grimm that lived during the same era, they are not the same. The Grimm Brothers created the world known as Fantasy and, by mistake or purpose, told only two people, i.e. two brothers. Later these two brothers took the title The Brothers Grimm and made it their life work to write stories on this world and its magical creations.

First the Grimm Brothers made eight female Dragons. Beautiful, powerful creatures that could rule the world with wisdom. The brothers quickly realized their mistake and made a male Dragon, angry and wild. It was another mistake, but the brothers did nothing to fix it.

Next came the Elves, fair and unworldly. They were creatures of war and with no one to fight, they divided themselves. The warriors were called Fae and with their hate and bloodlust they not only became ugly and disfigured but another mistake for the Grimm Brothers.

So the brothers made a peaceful creation, little Pixies to govern the forests and bring life into their decaying world of war. Along with Pixies came Fairies, a taller and more intelligent version of the little tree lovers, that also came with sharp teeth and vibrant, wild hair.

The Grimm Brothers left for many years after the creation of Pixie and Fairies. And when they came back, a new creation had sprouted and their world was being destroyed. Shifters had somehow come into the world unbidden. Werewolves, Werecats, and any other type of creature with a human counterpart. They were vile and unjust, killing everything and not caring for even themselves. The Dragons, once meant to rule Fantasy, were divided, their children harsh and greed-driven for more power.

Fantasy was on the verge of being a warzone and the brothers were prepared to leave their creation forever.

Returning to Earth, the brothers worked hard on trying to think of a solution, hoping beyond hope that they could remedy their world back to what it had once been. Coming up with nothing, the Grimm Brothers abandoned their world of Fantasy.

Now, there was one portal into Fantasy from Earth that the Grimm Brothers had hidden to the best of their ability in a cave deep in the mountains. Unbeknownst to them, a human girl, no older than twelve, had accidently found the entrance and fallen into Fantasy. While they stuck their heads together in hopes of fixing their world, and later giving up, this girl became the cure they needed. Her innocence intrigued the creatures. Her love of the forest and the animals, and even the creatures themselves, marveled them. How could something so small and frail, with no power of her own, see past their faults and self-given ugliness, to the beauty they'd been created with?

If only the brothers could have seen the world after she fell in, could have seen the way she fixed it. They might have realized that Humans were all Fantasy needed. While they could make creatures, they were only as good as their creator.

©JJHays2017

[Note]: So, this is the bases of how my rewrite for 5D is basically going to go. This book is being written to help me rewrite a story still very dear to me. I still love Smoke, Cai, and Nyt, I just need a break. There's no telling how long this break could be, I just need it.

I hope in the meantime you enjoy my new book.

Thanks for being wonderful,

JJ

06.26.17