Chapter 23

Finale Pt. 1

It had been almost a week since the engagement, all was well...or so they thought.

Barry and Y/N were as happy as they could ever be. Thawne hadn't done anything recently, but secretly his plan was unfolding better than he thought it would. Y/N and Barry were so caught up in their own happiness that they didn't even notice what Thawne was doing.

At S.T.A.R. Labs:

"Cisco, I never did thank you for helping Barry with the ring," Y/N said walking into the Cortex and giving Cisco a hug. She really was appreciative, the ring was one of a kind, and it was perfect for Y/N's relationship with Barry.

"Yeah it was nothing, but I do accept cash," Cisco said with a smile.

"Hello, Mrs. Allen," Barry said waltzing into the Cortex and putting an arm around Y/N.

"It's not official yet Bartholomew,"  Y/N said grinning at him.

"Remind the pastor to call me Barry, Barry Allen."

A few hours later:

Y/N and Barry were sitting down in the pipeline, they were bored. Crime in the city recently was at an all time low.

"What are your opinions on kids?" Barry asked looking at Y/N who sat across from him.

"I don't know, a speedster kid?" Y/N asked, thinking about if she would really want that. Then she shifted into a serious tone...

"Look, Barry, I know you want kids, but do you really want to raise kids with a life like this. Barry, we know what the future has in store for me. I don't want to have a kid who's gonna grow up without one of their parents, I had to do it with none. You, of all people, should understand that. I do want kids with you Barry, but do you honestly think that it's the best idea right now?" Y/N was interrupted by Cisco and Caitlin over the speakers.

"Barry, Y/N get up here!" Cisco and Caitlin were both yelling.

Immediately, both of them sped out of the pipeline and up to level 600.

"What's happening?" Y/N asked looking around the Cortex.

"Thawne, his plan, it looks like he is doing that now," Cisco said typing away on his computer.

"What's he doing?" Barry asked walking over and standing by Cisco's side.

"Remeber how Zoom created a Magna Pulsar to destroy the multiverse, he's doing that only a stronger one," Cisco said turning and giving a serious look at Y/N, "I think it's your time to shine."

"Where is he generating the pulse?" Y/N asked getting ready to run and pulling on her mask.

"No, you can't go," Barry said walking up to Y/N and grabbing her shoulders. Y/N could see tears forming in his eyes, as well as hers.

"I can't lose you, I'm not ready to lose you," Barry said. At this point, tears were streaming down his face.

"I have to Barry, I love you," Y/N said cupping his face in her hands and wiping away his tears.

"Barry, I need you to promise me something. When I'm gone you keep running, okay? You have a duty to this city, don't let my death get in the way of that. I'm never truly gone okay Barry. I will always be with you right here," Y/N said pointing to his heart. 

Then she sped out of the Cortex. Barry stood there, in his hand was the ring, her Flash ring. Barry always admired it, he had told her how nice it was every day; he messed with it when they'd hold hands. He had wanted one just like it for so long, but not under these circumstances. He was at a loss for words....Y/N was gone.