Chapter 19

Barry woke to see streams of light shining in through the windows of his bedroom. He looked down to see Y/N fast asleep on his chest. He didn't care what time it was, all he wanted to do was spend time with her. He wrapped his arms around her tighter, and she nuzzled her head into his chest further.

A few hours later:

Both Barry and Y/N were awake and getting ready to head to S.T.A.R. Labs. Y/N was once again wearing Barry's S.T.A.R. Labs sweatshirt. Y/N always took it for a few days, and then gave it back for a day or two so began to smell like Barry again. It was his favorite sweatshirt, but seeing her in it made him happy, knowing that she was his made him happy.

They both arrived at S.T.A.R. Labs Cisco and Caitlin were both on the search for a new Harrison Wells. Barry was going to help them but then her noticed Y/N twirling her Flash ring around her finger. He rolled his chair closer to hers.

"Where'd you get that ring?" Barry asked, hoping that maybe he'd get one in the future.

"The speedforce," Y/N said looking at Barry, she could tell he was disappointed, she knew he wanted one. After all, he played with hers every time they held hands. 

"One day, the speedforce will see that you're ready and it will give you one."

"It'll just pop into my hand?" Barry asked wanting to hear more about the subject.

"No, I'm kidding, I made this one," Y/N said, "If you're lucky I might make you one too."

The two continued to talk as Caitlin and Cisco continued their search with no luck. Y/N had to admit it was nice to have a team again. After Thawne ripped hers apart she went solo, she refused to get close to anyone. That was until Barry Allen came around...

The Next Day:

"Hey Cisco, where's Caitlin?" Y/N asked as she walked into the Cortex the next morning.

"Feeding the metas, thanks for not speeding in," Cisco said. He seemed distracted by whatever he was doing.

"Whatcha doing?" Y/N taking a seat next to him, she was willing to help in any way.

"Trying to track down Nimbus, you wanna help?" Cisco asked. She could tell he was in need of the extra help.

"In any way I can," Y/N said.

An hour later:

Y/N was in the lab synthesizing the gas that Nimbus turns into. Y/N was happy, she hadn't been able to display her scientific expertise in a while. It reminded her of long nights spent in the lab with her parents. Cisco was busy trying to track the mist, and also track down Thawne. Caitlin was busy looking for a replacement Harrison Wells.

Barry and Joe walked in to see all three of them hard at work.

"Hey Cisco, where's Y/N?" Barry asked looking around the Cortex.

"She's downstairs in the lab," Caitlin chimed in.

Barry said goodbye to Joe before heading downstairs to find Y/N. He snuck behind her as she was busy and work and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Hey you," Y/N said in a flat tone; it was as though she barely acknowledged him at all. Barry could tell she was busy, but he really wanted to spend time with her. 

"Done," Y/N exclaimed before heading towards the door, she brushed past Barry without even noticing him. 

Later that night:

Barry and Y/N were sitting on the couch watching a movie. When suddenly Barry paused the movie and turned towards Y/N.

"Why'd you pause it?" Y/N asked looking confused at Barry.

"Look in the lab earlier today you kinda just ignored me," Barry said sounding a little upset as he looked down.

"Oh Barry," Y/N said lifting his chin, "I'm sorry I ignored you, it's just I was really busy doing lab work for Cisco, and it took my mind off of the whole Thawne thing. I'm sorry if that upset you, just remember; I will always love you, Barry, even if it seems like I'm ignoring you," Y/N kissing him quickly before looking into her boyfriend's eyes. He smiled before kissing her back.

The next morning:

Y/N's eyes fluttered open as she felt a gentle hand running across her face, watching as Barry's fingers gently traced across her skin. His eyes met Y/N's and he grinned, tracing her cheek gently with his thumb.

"Good morning sunshine...." He whispered pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

Y/N grinned sleepily, stretching her arms behind her head before winding them around Barry's neck.

"Good morning," Y/N hummed back, "You're awake early."

Barry shrugged. He closed his eyes and rested his forehead against hers.

"What can I say? I really wanted to kiss you." Barry smiled pecking her lips.

Y/N chuckled, moving her head down so it was tucked neatly under his chin.

"Oh please, you love me." Barry hummed, wrapping his arms tightly around her, and kissing the top of  her head.

"Eh, I'm a little fond of you," Y/M said, reaching up to press a soft kiss to his jaw.

Barry smiled brightly and gave his girlfriend a squeeze, sighing into her hair and pressing his cheek against the top of her head.

"Let's just stay here all day," he said sounding content.

Y/N let out a little laugh, nuzzling herself further into her boyfriend's bare chest.

"I am totally down for that." She murmered, her fingers gently tracing shapes on his back.

"Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"I love you...a lot"

Y/N chuckled, kissing Barry. 

"I love you too."