Chapter 18

Y/N sat next to Barry's side for hours, she patiently waited for his eyes to meet hers once more. Nimbus hadn't killed him, but he certainly hurt him, in more ways than one. As Y/N sat there she wondered about Barry, how he managed to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Every now and then Cisco would come in and ask if she wanted to leave, Y/N said no every time. She wanted to be there when Barry woke, to make sure he was okay. She couldn't imagine her life without him. Although she had only been on this Earth for about 5 months, Barry had made those the best 5 months of her life. For the first time since her family's death, she was finally at peace; she was happy.

The next morning Y/N was still there holding Barry's hand when suddenly she felt him squeeze it. Y/N immediately shot up awake, looking into Barry's eyes she said,

"The Flash lives once again."

"I've got someone I can't leave behind," he said squeezing her hand once more. They were having a moment until Cisco barged in with coffee for both Y/N and Barry. Caitlin followed him and began checking up on Barry as he got up and out of bed.

"Take it easy, you did 'die' yesterday," Y/N said putting her hands on his bare chest trying to convince him to rest.

"And I will take it easy, but I'm not gonna lie around here all day," Barry said taking her hand in his own and intertwining their fingers.

A few hours later at the apartment:

Barry had just finished replacing the door that Yorkin so rudely barged through. He was walking towards the couch to lay down with Y/N, but he arrived only to see her asleep. She looked so peaceful, and Barry didn't want to disturb her. Instead, he grabbed a blanket, covered her, and then ran to get Chinese takeout, Y/N's favorite. By the time he was back Y/N was awake, but barely.

"Morning sleepy head," Barry said walking over to her with the food.

"Is that Chinese?" Y/N asked hoping it was.

"What do you think?" Barry said as though it wasn't obvious.

"This is why I love you," Y/N said getting up and taking the food from his hands.

"Really?" Barry asked chuckling a little.

"Of course not," Y/N said setting the food down and walking back over to him. She proved her love by planting a kiss on his lips as she snaked her arms around his neck. Barry kissed back putting his hands on her waist. Quickly, he ran and turned on some music. Then he ran back into her arms and began dancing with Y/N.

"Smooth," Y/N said smiling into yet another kiss.

"Like I said before, boyfriend material," Barry said hugging her tighter in his arms.

They swayed back and forth, both simply pleased just by each others' presence. And for once, their 'date' wasn't interrupted by and annoying meta, or Thawne. It was as though the universe knew that they needed time just to themselves.

It was in this moment that Barry began to feel feelings he had never felt before, not even for Iris. Even when the last song ended he didn't want to let go. Neither did Y/N, she felt safe and comforted in the embrace of him. For the first time in a long time, both of them were happy, at last. Y/N was feeling feelings she hadn't felt in so long they felt foreign.

"This is love," they both thought to themselves.