Chapter 6

I woke to the sound of Barry stirring.

"Wait," I said as he was getting up, "Five more minutes."

"I gotta go to work, I'm already late," he said. Then he gave me a quick kiss on the lips before leaving.

I just laid there thinking about him, and how much I was falling for him. "Why is he so perfect?" I thought to myself.

Barry's POV:

I walked into my lab and Cisco was there.

"Cisco? What are you doing here, shouldn't you be at the lab?" I asked while I sat down to start working on my case files for the day.

"No way, you went on a date last night with Y/N," he said with a grin.

I just looked at him, still wondering what he wanted. I continued on with my work trying to ignore his questions about my love life.

"So...how was it?!?" he said impatiently.

"It was great Cisco...better than great," I said unable to stop smiling.

"You kissed her!" Cisco said happily.

"So what if I did?"

"How was it, were there fireworks"

"It's escaped definition, I'm having feelings for her that I didn't even know I could feel, feelings that I never had for Iris."

"Bro...you're in love," Cisco said walking over to me with a mile wide grin on his face.

"Yeah, maybe I am," I said.

Cisco then left, I tried to continue on with my work, but my mind just kept trailing off to the idea of Y/N. "Is this love?" I thought to myself.

Y/N POV:

I got to the lab just as Cisco was walking in, the moment he looked at me he began smiling.

"What" I asked.

"Nothing..." he said.

I raised my brow to him as he cracked and told me everything about his conversation with Barry at CCPD that morning.

"Wow, Cisco the way it sounds you're the one in love with him," I said with a smile.

"Hey!" he said, "Oh whatever here."

"What's this?" I asked curiously.

"It's a computer chip synced to the S.T.A.R. Labs satellite so that when meta-humans attack you and Barry will both be alerted."

"That's awesome, but why the computer chip?" I asked.

"I figured that you're smart and that you could probably sync that up to Gideon in your suit, and on your phone," he said.

"Thanks, Cisco this is great," I said while giving him a hug.

"Quick question," he said pulling away, "Where is your suit?"

I held up my ring, while Cisco had yet another fangirl moment. He began asking how it worked, where I got it, how I did it when I finally stopped him.

"Cisco...take a chill pill."

"Sorry, i-it's just so cool, I mean the quantum core processing and micro-compression that had t-...I see what you mean, I'm gonna be quiet now," he said as Barry walked into the cortex.

"Hey Barry, I said with a smile.

"Hey, do you wanna go to Jitters for lunch," he asked.

"Yeah, I'd like that," I said back smiling.