Chapter Two

You awoke to the smell of breakfast being made downstairs, as you walked downstairs you heard Barry talking to someone. You turned the corner to see Barry, he smiled at you when he saw you. You walked in the kitchen and Barry introduced you to a man named Joe, you remembered him from what Barry told on Earth 5. 

He shook your hand and said "I'm sorry to hear about your Earth, but it seems as though you could really help Barry over here master his speed," he said with a smile. 

"It's ready!" Barry said with a grin. You looked and saw quite the assortment of food. 

"I wasn't quite sure what you liked, so I made a bit of everything."

 "Thank you it looks delicious," you replied. All three of you ate and Barry explained that you could hang out with him at work today. "I'd like that," you said back with a smile.

You arrived at CCPD and Barry led you up to his lab. He gave you a tour and showed you where he was struck by lightning and then you both sat down near the large windows overlooking the city. 

"So you never told me how you got your speed." He said.

 "Well, um, my dad and my whole family were scientists and we worked at a lab. I was a prodigy, I had a photographic memory, I graduated from MIT when I was 14, and then I started working at my dad's lab. We started working on this serum that would boost a person's regenerative abilities, similar to speedsters, but they didn't exist yet, it could cure cancer, it could cure anything. The whole project was a secret and was being privately funded. One night someone broke into the lab and stole all the samples. We couldn't file police reports because technically our research didn't exist. We just had to forget it and move on, my parents told me not to worry about it.

Then a few weeks later police reports of a murderer with super speed started coming in on the news. My parents didn't think anything of it, but I realized that the formula we created could be easily converted into a sort of speed drug. Later that week on my birthday a blur appeared in our home it murdered my mom, dad, and my whole family right in front of my eyes and then it walked over to me. He started creating electricity with his hands and began electrocuting me at the same time a failed particle accelerator exploded. A dark matter wave passed over me, and then I passed out. I woke up 9 months later after being in a coma at S.T.A.R. Labs. So that's it, that's my story," you said looking at the ground. Barry just looked at you, with sorrow in his eyes he got up and hugged you, 

"I'm so sorry," he said. You began to cry just thinking about that night and he held you closer, your head nuzzled in his chest.

Just then Joe walked in, he too hugged you. You assumed he must have heard from the hall. Then Barry and Joe both released you, and you wiped away your tears. Joe handed Barry a file and said that Singh needed the forensic reports ASAP.

 "Okay, Y/N I'm gonna assume you know your way around a lab, wanna help?" Barry asked, trying to lift the mood. 

"Yeah, I'd like that," you replied with a smile.

A few hours later you and Barry both agreed you were hungry and walked down to a place called CC Jitters. 

"I remember you talking about this place," you said.

 "Yeah I missed it while I was on Earth 5," he said as you both sat down. 

A waitress came and you both ordered, then Barry just sat there staring at you. 

"What?" you asked curiously. 

"Nothing," he replied "I just don't get how you've had all these horrible things happen to you and you haven't let the darkness consume you," he said. 

"That's just it Barry, I did, I embraced the darkness, it's a part of me, one I can't get rid of," you said looking down. 

Barry lifted your chin and said, "I'm sorry if I spoiled the mood." 

"No, no it's fine," you said. Just then your drinks came and you both sat and talked. Once you had both finished Barry got a text, 

"Cisco and Caitlyn want you to meet them at S.T.A.R. Labs. 

"Why?" you asked.

 "Probably just some sort of testing," he said. 

"Great," you said with a frown,   

"Hey, don't worry you'll be fine," Barry said as he walked away.

I got to S.T.A.R. Labs not even 2 minutes after the text went out and Cisco said 

"You came in at Mach 17 that time," with a fangirl smile. 

"How you and your body withstand running at those speeds is beyond me," Caitlyn said. 

A few hours later Cisco was still fangirling at your top speeds, and Caitlyn was still baffled by your vitals, then Barry walked in. A smile grew on both of your faces as you looked at one another. 

"I ship it!" Cisco yelled. 

Barry glared at him, as did I. 

"She's 4 times faster than you and Wally combined," said Cisco. 

"Who's Wally?" I asked.

 "He was a speedster, Joe's son, but my Reverse Flash killed him a few years back."

 "Oh," I said with a sad expression. 

"So, do you like sushi? I was thinking we could get sushi for dinner," said Barry. 

"I love sushi!"

You and Barry were walking home when his phone went off. 

"There's a fire at 1st and 32nd!" he exclaimed. "I'll be right back," he said. 

"Wait, let me help...Flash." 

"Fine, let's go." 

He raced to S.T.A.R. Labs to get his suit, as you activated your ring. By the time he got there you had stopped the fire and got everyone out of the building. You stood there for a moment, remembering how good it felt to save people. When suddenly reporters came up to you and asked who you were, and about your suit,

 "I'm the Flash." you said before racing back to S.T.A.R. labs with Barry behind you.