Chapter 7

A few days later

Y/N POV:

I began to flutter my eyes open, I was in the cortex, laying in a bed.  I felt someone holding my hand, I looked down and saw Barry. He looked like he was asleep.

"Hey," I said in a weak voice.

He began to stir,

"Hey," he said, he immediatley seemed more awake and stood up, he squeezed my hand and said,

"You really scared me there for a second," with a smile. He looked as though he had been crying earlier.

"You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily did you Allen?" I said trying to lift the mood.

He just smiled back.

The Next Day:

I was up and walking, Caitlyn was still worried about me but I felt fine, after all I did heal at rapid speeds just like Barry. After telling Caitlyn I was fine a million times she finally let me go.

I was walking into Barry's apartment when I saw what he had laid out for us. The lights were dimmed, candles were everywhere. And he was standing there with roses in his hands, and a smile on his face.

"What's all this for?" I asked wondering what I did to deserve all this.

"It's just, our last date kinda got interupted, I wanted to make it up to you," he said.

"Still, I mean this is a lot Barry."

"It's just when you were on that bed, and I was on the verge of losing you...I realized that I need you, and that I-I love you Y/N," he said while walking up to me, setting the roses down.

"I love you too Barry," I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that," he said wrapping his hands around my waist.

Then we kissed, this one was different though. It was longer, more passionate. "Is this love?" I thought to myself. We continued to kiss until, finally we had to break for air. We both just stood there, he put his forehead on mine and smiled, and I smiled back.

That's when everything went wrong.

Barry and I stood there thinking about how happy we were in each other's arms when suddenly, he appeared.

"Look at that, the two speedsters, in love."

"What the hell do you want Thawne, I said releasing myself from Barry's grip. I was pissed off at this point. If he thought that for one second that he was going to ruin my happiness he was wrong.

"Catch me if you can," he said with a villainous smirk.

I ran after him.

"Y/N NO!" I heard Barry yell before I took off after the man that had taken everything from me, now's my chance to take something from him I thought.

I chased him all over the city, up and down buildings, across rooftops, and all the way to Star City and back. When suddenly, he just stopped. In the middle of a field.

"What the hell do you want from me," I yelled angrily into the cold night air, "Haven't you already done enough."

"I'm not even close to being done with you," he said just as Barry arrived, he kept his distance from us. Then I ran at him, I got a few good punches in when he finally got me back. I got up and we stood there circling around each other, then I created 2 bolts of electricity in my hands as he ran at me I stabbed him with both. He cried out in pain, and then ran off. I dropped to my knees, I was too exhausted to chase him. Barry ran over to me.

"You okay?" he asked knowing I wasn't.

"Not even close," I said breaking down into tears.

He too dropped next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I just sat there crying into his chest. I couldn't stop thinking about what he had done to me, and what he said, "I'm not even close to being done with you." Those words kept replaying in my head. I couldn't stand to lose anyone else, especially not Barry. "I'm broken," is all I could think to myself.

"Shh, Shh I'm here...it's okay," he said reassuringly.