Aahana felt hurt because she wanted to hear him say he'll miss her too, but, well, if this was what she was getting than she'd take it. At least he wasn't giving her silent treatment.

She smiled and nodded.

There wasn't much of work as it was a Monday morning and the few meetings Atharva had were rescheduled because of his trip.

He was to leave in an hour and a half. His bags were already packed and kept in his car, so was Pranav's.

"Atharva?" Aahana called after some time with a curious look. "Do you give your staff holidays?"

"Of course." Atharva rolled his eyes. "I am not that cruel."

"No, I mean from your side. Like trips to places or clubs for a day or two?"

"Uh, no?"

Aahana narrowed her eyes. "And here you tell me you are not cruel."

"I never thought about that."

"What a boss. You should be applauded." She muttered sarcastically with the roll of her eyes.

"Don't tell me you don't give them bonuses on occasions of Dussehra, Diwali, Holi and other festivals."

"Hey, I am not that bad! I do give them bonuses. Also, when they do a good job, they get a raise." Atharva gave her an icy glare, his arms crossed in defence.

"Oh, thank goodness!"

"So, what are you trying to say?"

"After you come back, we are giving holidays to our employees. 5 days trip to Goa."

"What? It's a huge loss." His eyebrows shot up in bewilderment.

"No, it is not. They are working 24/7, so they need to relax if you want fast productivity."

"Fine. But 3 days." Atharva considered and nodded.

"Okay, greedy boss." Aahana teased.

"I agreed." He huffed and glanced at his watch. He packed his important files and stood up from his chair. "Ok, I have to leave now."

Aahana nodded and followed after him as they exited the building.

"Click lots of pictures and send me."

"I am going to work Aahana."

"Please."

"We'll see."

They halted in front of his car and Pranav opened the door for him but before he could enter inside, Aahana grabbed his arm and made him turn towards her. He gave a questioning look but she smiled and took out her phone and before he could know what the real heck was happening, he heard a click sound.

"Did you just take my picture?"

She nodded gleefully. "Now I don't have to miss you."

"You are crazy."

"I am and now that you know it, let's take one together?"

He didn't get to utter any word of protest before Aahana was already standing beside him and grinning at the camera while he was glaring at her in irritation. The picture turned out to be really adorable.

Aahana smiled. "So cute, just like you." She pinched his cheeks and held out her hand.

"What now?" He scowled, rubbing his right cheek with the pad of his fingers.

"Your phone."

He arched a brow. "Why?"

"Just give."

He frowned and handed it to her reluctantly. There was no passcode and she immediately sent him their picture on WhatsApp and made it his screen saver.

"Woah. This looks so amazing," she said with a huge smile and waved it in front of Atharva's face.

"What th-"

"Shh." She threw her arms around his neck and embraced him tenderly. "Now you won't miss me."

Subconsciously he cocooned into her. "I wasn't going to miss you."

She snorted. "I hate liars."

"Maybe a little because there won't be anyone to irritate me."

She pulled away and grinned. "Don't you worry about that. I'll call you daily and irritate you for hours. Now we don't want you to get late, do we? Get in get in." She ushered him inside and closed his door.

The driver started the car and soon they disappeared out of her sight.

She swallowed and closed her eyes to stop the tears that were threatening to spill.

She felt someone squeeze her shoulder and she whirled around to face Maria. "Are you okay?"

Aahana nodded. "Yes, I am fine."

"Things between you and him are changing." She smiled with a knowing look.

Aahana blushed slightly and nodded. "Yeah, baby steps."

Sorry for the short update after a long time. I promise to post chapter 27 today. ☺ Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤