Chapter 26: Determination

Before anything else, I'd just like to announce that the private chapter is already published!

It is a MUST-READ c: Or at least, I think it is. It's for you to decide though, so to read it you must follow me first since it's set as private--then, you can just unfollow me after you've read it if you wanna c:

Okay, I'm doneee! Go read nowww! :D

-------------------

Y/N's POV

"The cheerleading team? Why?" Yusi questions in confusion. Normally, I know that they know that I'm not into stuff like those but I just had to make an exception. "I had to. It offers extracurricular points." I reason.

"Y/N, your grades are higher than the world's largest skyscraper. Are you sure you wanna do it? Aren't you satisfied with your grades?" Jackie asks. "Yeah, cheerleading is plain boring! All you do is shake your booties and show too much skin! Ack!" Star comments.

I rub my arm. Marco was beside me, being all quiet as we talked. It's strange that he's not interacting with us. "Aww come on, Star! Don't be like that! I'm sure it's not that bad-I hope." I say, going back to our subject. "Besides, my folks really want me to participate in... err, interesting organizations," I trail off, hesitant to say the last words.

"Plus, it'd really help me score my sportsmanship and academics."

Janna shakes her head, "Welp, you can't blame her for being a nerdy school princess."

"You do realize that I'd rather be nerdy than being the school princess. I really don't like the feeling when everyone's keeping an eye on what you do." I state. "You're so humble, Y/N." Jackie compliments with a smile. I smile back as a gesture of saying thanks.

"I'll officially join the team in the next few days," I announce. "Wait, you're not going to have an audition?" Star asks. I shake my head no. "Not really since the team captain approached me herself." I explain.

"Wait, wait, wait-Brittney Wong?" Janna questions. I nod. "Augh! Goodluck with her, last time I checked she's such an arrogant pig." Judging from their reactions, I can tell they don't like her. So, this is what she calls 'everyone loves and adores me'.

I stare at the table. "More like, Bitchy Wong." I whisper to myself. Unfortunately, they all heard it. "Y/N! You're becoming such a savage." Jackie chuckles.

"Y/N, you innocent little princess!" Star says, sarcastically. I shrug, "I'm still joining since it has extracurricular points."

"What do you think Marco?" Yusi asks, making all of them to look at him-including me. I'm also curious of what he thinks, he's been so quiet the whole time. I need his opinion on my decision.

Yusi's question snaps Marco back to reality. "Ummm, I-I, uhh-I just... wanna support Y/N on her decision. I think it's great if she joins." He finally speaks. When I heard what he said, it made me glad.

"Psh! I don't suppose you agreed just because you want to support Y/N's decision..." She smirks. "You also wanna see her do some tempting moves." Star wiggles her eyebrows.

I instantly redden. My personal view of Star being innocent is completely destroyed. "Star! What the hell?! I-I'm sure that's not o-one of his reasons. He's j-just simply supportive! R-Right, Marco?" I stutter. I stutter really bad!

I face Marco who was also as red as a tomato. He only blushes and looks away, not agreeing. So meaning, he does think of that too?! Holy shit! I am utterly confused! Did he really intend to think of that? How would I know?! Who knows what's running through his mind right now!

I choose to not say a word until then and tightly sit on my spot, flushed. Silence increases just as the awkwardness does. I didn't really think that our conversation would come down to this.

Janna clicks her tongue as a start of violating the silence. "The truth has been freed." She says, crossing her arms. Yusi breathes in and out with a serious, straight face as her fingers intertwine.

Honestly, I never thought Star would be the one who'd... say stuff like that. I thought it'd be either Janna or Yusi. Since Jackie and Star are on my good girls list. But I guess there are some corrections.

After a few minutes of quietness, Jackie speaks up. "Let's talk about prom. What do you think about prom, Y/N?" She asks, changing the subject. Which is good since I prefer to talk about other things rather than, you know.

I tap my chin. "I think prom is fun. I'm intrigued to attend, so yeah!" I exclaim. Yes, I'm thrilled and excited to actually go to prom. With or without a date, I don't care! It doesn't matter to me! I just like to have fun and dance.

Speaking of dates, Marco coincidentally coughed when I mentioned prom. Since we're together now, I'd have to rely on the fact that I'm not going to prom without a date because obviously we're going together. I'm going to hope for that. It'll be twice the fun when he does!

"What about you guys?" I intend to ask them. Before they could answer they look at each other first then back to me. "Well, Yusi's going if you're going, Jackie's going if she has a date and Star and I? Totally not going." Janna answers straight-forward.

My eyes widens. "What? Why?!" I ask in disappointment. "It's just not our thing." Star shrugs. I jazz my hands. "No, no, no. You guys should go! We'll all go together! With or without a date! I'm determined that we should go together as a group!" I say, my tone filled with strong will.

The ones who didn't wanna go still said no but I didn't give up just yet. "Sorry, but dressing all girly and dressy isn't just our thing."

"Says the one who admitted she likes pink." Marco joins in, smirking at Janna. "Dammit! I should've just let that box devour my soul." Janna curses. "Also, are you aware that Star's also wearing a dress? It's kind of ironic if you say that." I chuckle.

"Y/N, I only wear these because it's comfortable plus it's helping me to practice on how to wear a gown when I'm queen." Star groans. "At least, I think it does." She adds.

Queen?

I thought, confused.

"I'm not going without a date, Y/N. It's fine if I stay home when I don't because what's the point of being at the dance when you have no one to dance with?" Jackie softens her expression.

"Don't worry, Jackie! You WILL attend prom because you WILL have a date. I'll figure something out." I reassure. She politely smiles.

This time, I want to turn and talk to Marco about his plans regarding prom next week but, I didn't want him to think that I'm assuming. Well, I'm only hoping. After all he is my boyfriend, plus, we didn't get to speak much this entire time. Is this gonna keep on going? Is it because I'm his girlfriend? Questions flood my head. Some of the answers are possibly accurate.

Maybe he's a bit shy to show affection. We'll just talk later when were alone-it's more convenient to talk with him when it's just the two of us.

Nonetheless, I have to get Star, Jackie and Janna to go to prom. I want all of my friends to be there. Sure, school prom may possibly be boring but who says we can't be the life of the party? I slam my hand on the table as they pay attention to me,

"We'll all go together at the dance! No one should be left behind. Even if some of you don't agree, I will not give up that easily!" I say, challenged.

I was filled with determination.