Chapter 13: Operation Occasion (4)

"Hey Y/N, you look amazing.."

Y/N's POV

"Oh, h-hey Marco. You look stunning as w-well." I stammered. I was in a tight, awkward situation. Everyone in the room was staring at me. The adults-- more specifically our parents.

It went silent for a while. Silence ruled the area. However, it didn't last long because of my brother's booming voice. "Okay!" He puts his hands together and grins. "Since everyone is here already, why don't we start?" He suggested looking at mom for a signal.

"Great idea, Dylan." Mom signaled. I stood there like an idiot, not knowing what move should I take. "Y/N.." Dylan said my name.

Oh please Dylan save me from this awkwardness.

"Why don't you sit down on the front chair between Lucas and Marco?" He told me while he points his fingers to the direction where I'm suppose to be.

Wait... what?

I forcefully grinned and gave Dylan a swift kick before I go to my not-so-designated seat. "You're dead to me, later." I threatened in clenched teeth as I walked to my seat with my nose lifted up in the air.

Dylan, afterwards, went to his seat beside mom. While I, myself was in the center aisle of the table--which is everyone's center of attention is.

Did Dylan do this on purpose?

"Now then, a good evening to everyone," Mom began to speak as she stood up from her seat. "Today's the day that we've all been waiting for since... ever."

It's been a long time. Mr and Mrs Silverwood and my parents has been business partners when Lucas and I were still not born. I don't really know when this bond started but all I know is that the business was a great success! The partnership lasted for about ten years. But, at the age of 7, their deal was broken. I tried questioning them about it and why it happened. But, they avoid that subject.

Up to today, I still got curious about what is going on with the both families. Even Lucas doesn't know what's happening. It's a mystery for both of us.

Ever since that happened, we had to move away. Far away from the place. We were struggling after that. And so, the dark years began for us. Not to mention that I--

.....

I... nevermind. No one wants to talk about it. It's just that, it's been really hard. That's all.

"Also, I'd like to thank our family guest to make it here in our daughter's occasion." Dad continued.

"We, thank you for inviting us." Mrs Diaz thanked.

"Not a problem. As long as it's Y/N's friend's family, we would be grateful that you arrive." Mom told them with a curvy smile.

I sat there awkwardly. Thinking about the word, friend.

Yeaaaah, friend. Okay, maybe that's not the right word to describe Marco. More like, you know. It's kinda awkward to say.

Oh wait, I forgot. He's right beside me.

I moved my eyes to his direction--not being obvious at all. I can tell it was getting awkward every second. God, I just wanna melt down there right at the spot. I'm not really sure if the reason is because it's too awkward and embarrassing or maybe just because he's too hot and the butterflies are burning my stomach.

Nobody knows.

"We organized the food and it's just minutes away from being served. So now, why don't we have an adult talk?" That's the last thing I've heard Mom said and all of them drifted into the boring blabbers of adults. While I, drifted into the silent awkwardness aura of doom.