Whispers of Permission- Ryders POV *Edited*

A/N Hey everyone! So this is the first chapter but in Ryders POV as you can see. I don't like him. At all. URG! haha!

This chapter is dedicated to TheRiverRunsDeep! She was the first to comment and so I figured, why not dedicate a chapter to her. Check out her stuff if you haven't! Freaking awesome I tell you!

Anyways, hope you all like! Thanks! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryder’s POV:

Today’s the day. LC is now 18 and she’s starting her first day of her last year of High school. New beginnings. I hate that I had to wait so long to get “permission” to ask LC out. Even though I don’t care about the go-ahead from the Connor men, LC is mine either way, Judge is still my best friend. They all are like my family and treat me as such. But I’d drop them in a heartbeat if it meant having LC or if they get in the way of us being together. She comes first.

I was 5 when she was born. One look into her eyes and I just knew that I had to have her.

I was confused for a long time. Confused because my parents always told me that when I find my mate my wolf would practically yell and scream, “MATE!” at me.  Confused because they told me when we touch I’d literally feel this tingly sensation. Confused because none of that happened.

“AH!” I scream and punch my wall as my wolf keeps reminds me of that once again. A day doesn’t go by where he isn’t telling me to, “Move on!” and ‘She’s not ours!’

“BULL! She IS ours!” I yell back at him.

‘Trust me, I’d know if she was and she’s not. Listen to your parents. Did I tell you that she was ours? Did I say “Mate”? NO! I didn’t. It’s because she’s not.’

“I KNOW!!” I yell defeated.

‘Finally. You’re starting to have some senc-‘

“But I don’t care.” I interrupt determined.

‘WHAT?!’  My wolf yells shocked.

“I.Don’t. Care. I love LC. I love her more than anyone ever will and she’ll love me just the same. That is, if she doesn’t already.”

‘Whoa! Hold on a secon-‘

“NO!” I interrupt my wolf. “There’s just something about LC. The fates made some sort of mistake, I’m sure of it. She is the one. And you know what? I’m happy, no, THRILLED you don’t want her because she’s MINE! Now leave.me.ALONE!” I growl and shut my wolf out before he can say something else. It takes a lot out of me but I can handle it. For LC I can handle it.

Blocking him out calms me down a little because it takes a lot of my energy. It’s a never ending battle with him. I’m constantly fighting to keep him out of my head. Since I’m now calm, I make my way over to LC’s place. Her scent keeps me sane. It’s my drug.

Arriving at the house I park and make my way up to the door and let myself in. I take a deep breath and zero in on LC’s scent. Heaven. Pure Vanilla and Brown Sugar with a hint of Peaches Heaven.

All of a sudden I hear laughter and receive a pat on the back from Ace. I look at him confused.

“You know, you don’t have to just stand there and smell it. You can come into the kitchen and eat some!” Ace laughs.

“WHAT?!” I yell shocked!

“The Chocolate Chip Pancakes…I made some. “ Ace says cautiously. Taken a back from my sudden outburst.