Chapter 26 - Two day compromise ends quicker than expected.

LC’s POV:

 “Lane, stop. You need to rest.” Chase grumbles but amused at having to tell me this for the thousandth time.

I hiss in pain as I try, but fail yet again, to sit up in bed.

It’s not like I’m trying to get out of bed because I know now that Chase isn’t going to let that happen.

I just want to sit up and I know I’ve only been conscious for a few hours but I’m sick and tired of being in this bed.

My body aches and knows that it’s been in bed for a whole week.

My wolf also likes to give me hourly reminders of that.

‘I want out! This has been torture! Tell that mate of ours that he has to let up. You’re almost completely healed!’ My wolf says obviously frustrated.

“Oh come on! You know I’ve been trying! You think I like being in this bed.”

I reply back just as Chase takes my small hand in his large one and starts to play with my fingers.

I sigh and my need to escape this bed dwindles slightly. But not enough.

“Chase-“

“No.” He says sternly keeping his eyes on the TV.

I humph in annoyance.

“But-“

“No, Lane. You need to stay in bed. Your shoulder is still weak and I can’t have you falling or bumping into anyone or anything right now. I just need you better.” He says. His eyes flickering over towards me then back to the TV as if he’s avoiding eye contact with me.

“Hey, why are you doing that?” I ask confused.

“Doing what?” He says gulping.

“Why won’t you look at me?”

“I look at you.” He says watching the TV screen as if the most interesting thing in the world is happening there.

Instead of being upset I laugh.

“Chase, really. What’s up?”

He grumbles and finally looks at me.

I give him a look pleading for him to tell me what’s wrong.

“THAT!” He says loudly while pointing at my face.

I stare at his finger for a few seconds and then look at him.

“Huh?” I say and cock my head to the side.