Chapter 23 - Traitor

Austin slammed his fist down on the table in front of Alissa. "Where is she, Alissa!" He roared. It's been an hour since Austin, his father, and Marcius have been taking turns trying to get information out of Alissa. She was not speaking she only had a blank stare on her face.

When Austin's grandmother found out about what happened she made her way to the jail where they kept roamers and other outlaws. 

"Gram's what are you doing here?" Austin asked as he embraced his grandmother in a hug.

"I think I could get her to talk, I just need a few minutes alone with her."  

"I don't think that's a good idea, she hasn't been talking. My wolf is growing restless and I can feel him fighting for control."

"I am sure I could get her to talk and we have to get the pack ready to attack. I can't be sitting ducks right now. We can't chance being surrounded." Austin's grandma finished.

Felicity entered the room where Alissa was being held to see a blood cover girl curled up on the floor. Felicity crouched down to her level. " Alissa darling do you want anything to drink?" 

Alissa shook her head yes. Felicity motioned for someone to grab her a glass of water. After drinking the glass of water Alissa sat with her back against the wall. Felicity followed suit and sat next to her." Honey, I don't know what they told you to get you to help them but I can assure you it was a lie. Olfero and his kind have been planning to take us out so that they could mate with humans and enslave them.  I need you to tell me what you know. Our survival depends on it."

"They said that they wouldn't hurt her Olfero just needed her as his mate and that Austin would be free to be with me." She said in a scratchy voice. "All I know is that they were located just east of the town. Lorrie brought be there once near the old railway."

"Thank you, honey, I can talk to Austin Alpha Austin to see if you could lessen your punishment. I can't make any promises. When you find your mate you will understand the gravity of what you have done." With that Felicity left the room locking it behind her.

Austin 

Austin and a unit of warriors headed to the old rail tracks. They should be able to catch the scent of the roamers by then and hopefully catch them by surprise. The last few month of training had seriously increased everyone's strengths. This should give them an upper hand on the roamers and hopefully take down Olfero for good.