Chapter 22

The following weeks went by in a blur. Sam felt her wolf more and more and was becoming a fierce fighter. Today was the day she would try to shift for the first time. It was almost unheard of that a wolf her aged hadn't shifted yet. 

Austin wanted this to be an intimate moment with his mate. Today instead on them training with the rest of the pack it would be just the two of them. Austin packed a lunch and grabbed a few blankets and extra clothing.

"Hey, babe... I'm all set over here." He yelled upstairs.

"Coming!" Sam yelled back.

Austin and Sam reached the clearing where Austin as a boy had shifted for the first time. He was a bit sentimental. 

"Ok love you can strip down when every you feel ready I will shift first so I can communicate with your wolf better," Austin said.

"Ok, I am a little nervous but I am so ready for this," Sam laughed.

Austin shifted first and was sitting near a tree making sure to give Sam space. He watched as she peeled off her clothes.

"Now just focus on your wolf." Ne mind linked her.

Sam closed her eyes and began to focus on her Wolf. She felt her wolf pushing forward and opened herself up. As her bones began to contort into her wolf form Sam screamed in agony. She felt every bond break and heal almost simultaneously. As her wolf took its form Sam's brain was filled with the knowledge of her ancestors. she felt the true power which she held and her connection to the sun and the moon grew.

Austin watched in awe as his mate transformed into a white as snow wolf. She was slightly smaller than he was but he could sense the power resonating from within her.

Sam turned to face him, " Can we run?" She asked like a child asking to stay up past their bedtime.

The two spent the afternoon running and learning each other's wolf.

Alissa

*That twat has been spending every second with Austin how can I get her alone. I thought to threaten her to stay away from him would have worked but she is persistent. I can't stand the sight of her mooching off of what should have been mine

Every since Lorrie told me that her Master wanted Samantha I have been trying to her her alone but she is always frigging surrounded by someone or another*