Chapter 23- Fight or Flight

Olfero

* I need to put this plan into action before this purifier gains all her powers. I can't allow that to happen.*

Olfero has been getting Intel on the progress of this Sam creature. To had he couldn't just kill her and drink her blood. But it was too late for him for he was thousands of years old. He needed to wipe out the rest of the do-gooding werewolves so that his pack could continue mating with humans and in essences enslaving the human race.

Lester had failed him by trying to keep the girl to himself but thankfully Lorrie and her werewolf friend were still keeping tabs on her. When Lester has returned injured by the purifier Olfero had ended him on the spot. Now all he needed to do was capture the girl which would cause Austins pack to weakening and then have his warriors descend on the pack killing every man woman and child.

They had to strike and they had to do it now.

Back home in the pack Dining room...

"Three cheers for Sam and her shifting!" Someone somewhere yelled and the room was filled with cheers and chatter.

Sam couldn't believe how much her life had changed in a matter of weeks.  from losing her grandmother to gaining and entire pack who she now considers family.

Sam was deep in thought when she was approached by the woman she now knew by the name Alissa.

"Can I talk to you alone?" She asked and Sam nodded in approval and followed her outside.

" What did you want to talk to me about?" Sam asked.

"Well,  I wanted to apologize and also there is someone I wanted you to meet," Alissa answered.

Sam followed behind Alissa as the left the dining hall and began walking towards the town. 

Sam began to feel uneasy. " Who is this person? and why weren't they in the dining hall?" she asked.

"It's my best friend she is a bit shy but she was the one who made me realize that it wasn't your fault that you were Austin's mate."

Just the Sam saw Lorrie enter the clearing ahead of them. "Alissa run she is a roamer." Sam grabbed on to Alissa's hand trying to run in the opposite direction but Alissa wouldn't budge.

" I see you've already met my best friend Lorrie." Alissa laughed as realization hit Sam.

"You set me up you bitch!" Sam yelled.

"No duh princess."

Sam took a deep breath and mind linked Austin to her location but something was off she couldn't reach Austin. Just then Sam became disorientated.

"What have you done to me?"

"Ever heard of wolfbane sunshine?" Lorrie chimed in as she closed the distance between her and Sam.

The last thing Sam remembered seeing was a fist coming toward her face then darkness.

Austin

It's been half an hour and Austin had last seen Sam. He knew it wasn't like her to just wander off knowing that at any moment Olfero Could strike. Austin headed outside trying to catch her scent. His wolf picked up on her scent along with another wolf.

"Alissa," He said to himself. "This can't be good."

Austin mind linked his father and beta telling them to send a team of men out after him. He feared for Sam. Austin could feel Sam getting closer but just them nothing. His wolf could no longer feel her.

Austin shifted mid-air as he continued to run in the direction he last Smelt Sam. As he reached the clearing he saw Alissa standing to the side as Sam's lifeless body being loaded into a van. Austin tried to get to the van but four dark brown deformed looking wolves appeared in front of him blocking his way. A growl erupted from him as he flung himself on to the first wolf ripping through his neck with one swipe of his claw. 

Austin heard his father and Beta behind him," someone grab Alissa before she runs!" he mind linked with his pack. After tearing into the second roamer Austin realized that they were out numbered.

"Shit! where did all these roamers come from? Dad, Marcius Retreat. We need to focus on finding Sam."