Chapter 18

Sam was on the verge of losing consciousness when she felt the graze of sharp teeth on her skin. At the moment she felt a heat rising from her hand. Without thinking Sam pressed her hand into Lester chest and just like that he was sent flying through the trees.

Sam tried to focus on what was happening but the darkness was consuming her and she could no longer resist.

Austin

Austin didn’t know why he couldn’t pick up Sam scent. Maybe all the snow was doing something to his wolf. As he was searching she finally came across footprints but they did not belong to Sam. Austin followed the two set of prints when he came to a clearing and saw Sam being held at the neck by Lester.

Austin was about to attack when he saw Lester thrown from Sam by some invisible force and crashed into a tree about 300 yards away.

Austin turned back to see Lorrie running with her tail between her legs and Sam falling to the ground.

Austin ran to Sam aid and picked her up bridal style to see if she as breathing. Relief filled his hearts as he saw the steady rise and fall of Sam's chest.

Austin took Sam to a cabin that his family owned not to far from where they were. He needed to get her warm. As he entered the Cabin he placed Sam on the couch and covered her with a heavy winter blanket and got to work on building a fire in the fireplace.

Sam

*Sam sweetheart?... Sam mommy needs you to wake up for her darling.
Mom? Is it really you mom?
Yes sweetheart I am so sorry that you didn’t know about us baby. We wanted to protect you from this world.
Mom I have been missing a part of me for so long. I cant believe you are here.
Listen sweetie I need you to wake up now. The world is depending on you. I know it’s a lot to take it but you are the last hope.
I just want to stay with you mom. Please I don’t want to wake up.
You must baby. We will meet again but now go to him go to your mate he will help awaken your wolf. I love you ALWAYS.*

Sam felt herself being gently shaken. She slowly opened her eye and was quickly in tranced by the eyes that held her own.

" Sam! thank the moon goddess you are ok." Austin said as he crushed his lips to hers in a hot passionate kiss.
Sam kissed Austin back with equal hunger.

She ran her fingers through his thick locks as he pressed her into the couch trying to get closer. His tongue teased and tasted her's. Austin placed his forehead on Sam's when they finally broke the kiss to come up for air.

"That was amazing.." Austin breathed.

" It was definitely intense." Sam said as a giggle escaped her.

"Tell me what happened back there Sam. How did you throw Lester off of you like that?"

" Honestly I don't know, I just remember feeling a heat in the hand and my mind telling me to push him off with my hand."

"I guess your powers are coming in now."

"I saw my mother..." Sam whispered.
"You did what? How?"

" While I was passed out she appeared to me and told me that you are my mate and that you will help me find my powers."

"Well yes that is true when we mate our full power will be unlocked and the cures will be broke."

Sam moved closer to Austin on the couch.

"Help me find my power Austin, help me save our people and avenge my family."

" Do you believe that I am your mate?"

"Since I woke up I can feel a connection to you that wasn’t there before. I want to know what it is. Will you help me?"

" Of course Sam." Austin said as he lowered his head to hers.