First Encounter

As Sam followed Jefferson into the house she couldn't believe what a lovely place this was, yet alone that she owned it. She couldn't wait to tell Jessie about it and send pictures.

Jefferson escorted Sam into a sitting area and motioned for her to have a seat.

"would you like some tea, madam?" He asked.

"some water would be fine thanks," Sam replied.

Jefferson reentered the room holding a tall glass of water and what appeared to be a photo album.

"Let me explain what I know to you, Madam."

Sam closed her hands together and waited to hear what Jefferson had to say.

" About 26 years ago before you were born someone started targeting your family. One at a time they were picked off and murdered. The culprit was never found. Your grandmother built this house as a safe house for your remaining family which included your mother and father and your uncle Taylor as well as your grandmother herself. A couple of years passed and the attacks seemed to have ended that's when your mother became pregnant with you. You keeping up? I know this all sounds very surreal." Jefferson said calmly.

Sam shook her head yes.

" A month after you were born your parents were on their way to a business meeting when they were attacked. Your uncle Taylor searched high and low for the attacker or attackers but could not find them. He went missing and months later a hiker found his body in the woods. Your grandmother decided that she could not lose the one person she had left that's when she took you and moved to New York."

Sam was so confused. Who would target her entire family and why? Why would her grandmother leave her this house? Her head was spinning but she still needed answers.

"Why was my grandmother not attacked?"

" Because she never left the safety of this house whatever she needed she grew in the back," Jefferson explained.

" This is a lot to process I would like to unpack my things."

Sam's room was huge, it was almost as big as her apartment in New York. Gray walls with white trimmings, a massive four post king size bed, a walk-in closet to die for and French double doors that lead to her own private balcony.

Sam sunk into the bed and contemplated everything she had just learned. Sam knew that she couldn't leave this town until she got to the bottom of her family's murders. She now had enough money to hire a PI to investigate for her. She had lost everyone the least she could do was bring the criminal to justice.

Laying in her Victoria Secret matching panties and bra Sam falls into a peaceful sleep. No dreams, no blue eyes just sleep.

The next day Sam woke up feeling refreshed.  She decided to dedicate the rest of the day going through her family library and learn all she could about them.

She found tons and tons of photo albums. Sam spent the day engulfed in the memories that her family had left behind. When she came across a picture of her parents Sam's heart nearly stopped. She was the spitting image of her mother. They could have passed for twins if she were still alive. Sam cried for the loss that she never knew, she cried for the family that was stolen from her and for all the lonely years she has spent wondering what happened. She knew that her parents had passed away but it all just suddenly hit her.

The next day Same felt much better. She felt like she cried out all the hurt and loneliness now she just wanted to be happy. Being in the house made her feel closer to her parents and even to her grandmother.

It's early December so Sam decided to wear black legging, fitted long sleeves and her thick leather jacket and boots. She decided to take her camera out and make new memories.

After having breakfast Sam asked Jefferson for a map of the town and was on her way to explore and reconnect with her camera.

Sam pulled into the local supermarket to get some snacks for her day out. She wasn't too fond of what Jefferson cooked at home. She loaded her snacks into the passenger side of the car and pulled out her map. The forest the was located behind her home seemed to go on forever but Sam was looking for a nice spot to shoot some nature shots.

She drove to a little creek a little ways away.

As she got off the car and unloaded her camera she felt the fresh air filling her lungs. Sam headed towards the creek.

The Creek was absolutely breathtaking. Lush green trees everywhere that moved with the wind. The Creek itself was partly frozen with water flowing slowly down against pebbles and rocks. Part way through her shoot Sam felt like she was being watched. She could feel eyes on her from all over.

As she turned to leave her face smacked into something hard. Not something hard someone hard. Sam looked up into wide piercing blue eyes and her heart almost burst out of her chest.

The stranger from her dreams.