Chapter 16

Sakura's POV

I got up for school and my mom wasn't in my room, I was able to know that she was probably in the kitchen since I could smell her cooking.

I brushed through my hair with a smile on my face. As I walked downstairs wearing my konoha frogs sweater and jeans, I greeted my mother.

"Ohayo!" I hugged her from behind. 

"Wow, someone's happy today." My mother responded to the hug, which made me even more happier.  I was thinking about surprising Sasuke-kun before going to school.

After eating my breakfast, I left the house early and stopped at my neighbor's home. I rung the doorbell and waited for an answer.

'He's probably still sleeping,'

I took out my phone and sent him a message.

shcherrybud: Open your door ><

After continuously knocking on the door for 5 minutes and sending him about 4 more messages, I gave up and took out my key to his home.

"Well..he's my best friend I don't need to feel guilty." I told myself while entering.

I opened the door only to see an abandoned home. I searched every room but neither Naruto OR Sasuke were in the house.

Right before I left the home, I noticed that both Naruto and Sasuke's coats were gone from it's usual spot.

So they went out...

But they never came home.

I left the house and took out my phone.

shcherrybud: Does anyone know where's Sasuke and Naruto?

Almost immediately, I received a reply.

10-10: Sakura? You don't know?

shcherrybud: Know..what?

blondebeauty: sakura, tenten, come to my house. the others are here.

Sasuke's POV

"He's gone?!" Sakura jumped up with a pale face. "We have to find him..!"

"Yeah but we searched everywhere. I don't think he's in Konoha." Neji stated.

"So..he might be in another town?" Naruto asked.

"Well he's not anywhere we searched in Konoha!" Lee exclaimed with a frown. Ino bit her lip and placed her head in her arms while Hinata comforted her quietly.

"We haven't searched anywhere outside of Konoha?" I asked the group that went out to search last night.

"Nope." Tenten simply stated.

"I've been thinking.." Shikamaru stated while glancing at his depressed blonde friend "what if Sai was kidnapped." Everyone's head snapped towards Shikamaru.

"Wh-Who would kidnap him?" Ino said with a hint of anger in her voice.

"It's just a thought. I mean..why would Sai suddenly disappear like that?"

"You're right." Sakura suddenly spoke. "I think Sai couldn't have just gone missing. He must have been taken by someone. And that someone obviously has some kind of motive."

"Nevertheless, we need to find him." Shikamaru said firmly.

"Sai is our friend. We'd do anything to find him."

"Even though I just met him. I know he's my friend."

I noticed that Ino wasn't the only one fighting back tears. A look of distress came across Sakura's face as everyone continued their conversation about where to possibly find him and where to start.

All of a sudden, I realized it.

Sai disappeared just like I did before.

"Ino..has Sai lost anyone recently?" The whole room went quiet at the mention of my question.

"Yeah. He lost his older brother about a month before you and Naruto came."

"I think Sai ran off somewhere maybe." I stated my thoughts.

"Yeah but Sai left out of nowhere.." Naruto put his head on his hands. "Ugh! This is so frustrating..!"

"I agree with Sasuke. I think he ran away." Sakura spoke up.

~X~

Third POV

"What do you do when your last family member passed away..." A pale-faced ravenette sat down near a river he found about 10 miles away from Konoha. The man ran away yesterday. He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't take the pitiful faces that would always come his way when his brother was mentioned. He hated that everything he did and everywhere he went reminded him of his beloved brother.

"They're too kind to me." Sai thought of his group of friends back at the village. "I'm just a charity cause, am i not?"

Sai placed his feet a bit into the river and sighed. He wished he could somehow just let it all out and this was his solution. Shin died in Konoha. So the only thing he could think of was to get as far away as possible from it.

Blisters were forming over blisters on Sai's foot. After walking all evening and into the night, Sai reached where he was now. He doesn't even know where he is he just wanted to run away.

He didn't have any more tears left in him due to the excessive crying he did over the last few hours. If someone from the village saw him, they wouldn't have recognized him because they're so used to seeing emotionless Sai.

'What do I do with my life now that you left me, Shin.'

Oh my gosh the angst is real in this chapter. Well it's a bit dumb but jdjsjs.

-ruki_hime

Mistakenly Chosen 》SasuSaku《जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें