Chapter 15

Sakura's POV

"Sakura-chan!" I heard a voice calling for me, so I woke up.

"Wh-Who is it?" I mumbled. I looked up to see one of my best friends smiling widely at me.

"Sakura-chaan!" A blonde cheered, almost breaking my ear drums. "You're awake!"

"Quiet down, baka." A deep voice next to me uttered. I almost yelled when I saw Sasuke-kun—or Sukè-kun—leaning against my shoulder.

"Shut up, you're the baka for not telling me your real name back then." I punched my old friend who immediately rubbed his shoulder.

"Who are you? One Punch Woman?" Sasuke said in pain. "And anyway I wanted to seem mysterious." The onyx-eyed ravenette smirked.

"Wait, what?" Naruto queered at the two of us playfully arguing while Hinata was giggling in the background.

~X~

"Y-You knew her from your childhood?" Naruto finally broke the silence after Sasuke-kun finished his story. The ravenette nodded his head. He only told the blonde the story since he wouldn't stop bugging the two.

"Hinata did you know this?" Naruto asked, dumbfounded. The girl nodded only to make Naruto even more frustrated.

"So why is she working for us if she's your best friend, teme?!" Naruto blurted.

"I only did that so she can come to her senses and you see how long it took her?"

"Hey! It would've been easier if you just told me who you really were!" I hit the taller man's shoulder. Once again, he groaned making me roll my eyes.

***************

"Bye Naruto-kun! Bye Sukè-kun!" I waved as I left the home. I checked my phone, which was in their living room apparently, and it was almost midnight.

I slowly opened my house door and creeped upstairs to my room. I almost thought I got home safely when I heard something.

'Please Kami-sama please let me live—' I  opened my eyes only to see my mother snoring away on my bed.

A smile slowly etched onto my face as I drew out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I lay down next to my mother.

"Where were you?" my mother softly asked.

"I had some..problems at work I guess you could say." I responded quietly. "I..I found him mother.." My mother didn't respond but when I glanced at her face, I saw that she was smiling. I guess it was contagious since I fell asleep smiling as well.

Sasuke's POV

"You should confess to her." I told the blonde who suddenly choked on nothing. "What?"

"W-What do you mean? Confess what?" Naruto asked, clearly nervous.

"Don't act clueless. I know you like her." I said with no emotion. Naruto breathed out a sigh and placed his arms behind his head.

"If you're talking about Sakura-chan, you're right..I do like her but..."

"Don't tell me.." An idea slowly formed into my head as a smirk formed on my face.

"I-I just..I don't know it just happened.." Naruto blushed. "We were looking for you guys and I was hungry and..well things happened and I just feel so confused now." The blonde groaned. "But I shouldn't be the one talking. You should confess to Sakura-chan." My eyes widened.

"She sees me as a friend. So that's..how I have to see her." I mumbled in response.

"Girls are frustrating." Naruto said with a pained look.

The blonde was suddenly interrupted by my phone ringing. I checked the ID and recognized the name as Ino's.

"Are you aware that it's almost midnight—"

"S-Sasuke-kun! S-Sai..he-he's gone."

My eyes widened at this and I felt everything stop. As Ino continued, Naruto quickly got out of his chair and reached for his orange and black jacket.

"What..what do you mean he's gone?" I asked.

"No one can find him..! He just..disappeared. All the guys and Tenten are looking for him but still no trace." Ino cried which followed by a loud sob. Naruto suddenly got up and asked me for my phone which I gave.

"Ino..Ino..!" Naruto said urgently. "Where are you right now? We'll come right over."

looks like the story will soon come to an end ^^

ruki_hime