Chapter 6

Sasuke

As I watched the scene, floods scattered into my brain. 

I made her cry..again.

I closed my eyes and turned around. I heard footsteps walk away from the door. I guess Naruto is walking her home.  

After locking myself in my room, memories started taking over my brain. 

It all changed..twelve years ago.

flashback

"Bye Sakura-chan!" a younger version of me yelled out to my neighbor. 

"I'll see you, Sukè-kun!" Sakura smiled as she shut her door and Sasuke shut his front door as well. 

I plopped down onto the couch only to meet my brother in his usual chair. 

"Konichiwa," We greeted at the same time giving each other smiles. But almost instantly, my smile slid off my face as I remembered something. 

"What happened? Did your girlfriend break up with you?" Itachi teased.

"N-no! We're not like that.." my face was burning up but I quickly changed the topic "Nii-san..Naruto..doesn't have parents," I finally told him. 

"Is that so? You're his friend, right?" Itachi asked, I nodded. " Well, if you two are close friends, he should consider you like family," 

"Family?" 

"Yes," as soon as he said this, Itachi got up and reached to a nearby bookshelf, he seemed to be avoiding a clothing rack, and finally pulled out two small boxes. He finally sat down next to me and handed me one of the silver boxes. I carefully opened it. 

My eyes widened at the sight. It was a necklace that reached up to the middle of my chest. There was a dark blue sapphire hanging from it, carried by a silver chain. 

"A-arigato," I finally managed out.

"It's quite big, isn't it?"  Itachi chuckled. 

I looked up from the gift I recieved and stared at Itachi curiously. 

"What's the other one for?"  I pointed to the other silver box in his hand. 

"It's for your little friend, Sakura," He grinned. 

I gaped at my older brother. Why was he giving us such gifts? 

Almost as if he read my thoughts, he answered my non-verbal questions. 

"Foolish little brother," Itachi said. 

"You'll see one day, why you need these," he gave me a closed eye smile and put two fingers to my forehead.

And I still don't know why I need them..

I put a finger up to my neck to see if my necklace was still there. It was. But..why do I even need it?

Bzzz

Bzzz

Bzzz

Huh?

I looked to my right to see a phone that certainly did NOT belong to me. 

I opened up the phone and was surprised to there was no password

I opened up the phone and was surprised to there was no password. I opened her gallery and smiled to see a bunch of pictures of Sakura with her friends. 

It's good to know she's been happy all these years. 

Sakura

Where was my phone?!

I had it with me all day and now it's gone! 

After calling it with the home phone for about the 5th time, I gave up and threw myself onto the bed. 

Let's see..after Naruto-kun dropped me off at my house...I..I don't think I had my phone with me at that time! 

Then it hit me. 

I was in Itachi-san's room before I ran out..so my phone was..in his room.

Am I really gonna go back there? I asked myself

Just do it already, you coward! My inner spoke.

Alright..I'll do it.

I am so gonna regret this.

~X~

Around 8 PM, I made sure my mother was asleep (ya, she sleeps early) and snuck out of the house.

Being the maid for the next door neighbor had a perk. I had their key.

I stared at the spot where I was crying this afternoon but quickly shaked off the thought and pushed the key into the lock. The door was open.

After checking to see no one was around, I quickly went up the stairs ninja-style.

I have to admit. I feel so sly.

I heard snores coming from a room with an orange/red colored swirl on the door, so I immediatly guessed it was Naruto's.

I turned around to see the Uchiha crest lying on the door right across from Naruto's room. This was Sasuke's room.

I shook my head.

No. I was here for only one thing. No snooping. 

I headed for the door with a blue star and a familiar on it and quickly shut the door behind me.  I turned around but stopped suddenly as I remembered the events from just a couple hours ago.

Should I just leave?

No. I have to get my phone before someone else finds it!

Kūsso..I wish I put a password on it.

I looked around the room frantically searching for a familiar pink phone.

Under the bed?

No.

Under the table?

No.

Next to the photos?

Yup.

I grabbed my phone and dashed for the door when all of a sudden, it swung open.

"What are you doing?" A familiar pair of onyx eyes stared into my emerald ones.

Guess what?

Sasuke Uchiha is going to murder me.

A/N

Did anyone spot it?

"avoid the clothing rack" ?

No? Well, you'll get it soon!

Hehe I love cliffhangers.

-Ruki