Chapter 5

"What's wrong with Louis?" I asked after swallowing a lump in my throat.

"He's awake."

"Awake?" I asked getting up almost forgetting Claire was in my arms.

She started to cry.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said to my baby to calm her down. "Shh, it's alright."

"Follow me." King then spoke. "He's in a private room now."

I nodded and followed Dr. King with Claire in my arms.

I didn't know what to think now. Everything is so screwed up. I can't seem to wrap my mind around anything. First, I wake up as myself, then I find out Louis is probably dead and I have a daughter, and then Louis' awake.

"He's in there." King said stopping by Louis' room.

"I want you to take her in." I said handing the baby to King.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because-" I paused. "-I can't see Louis right now."

"But?"

"But nothing. I just need some time."

King nodded.

"Just don't tell Louis I'm here."

"Will do."

I then walked away before Louis could see me.

"Why aren't you seeing him?" Marcel then asked me. "You need to see him."

"I can't right now."

"And why not?" Edward asked.

"Because... I'm scared."

"Scared?" Edward asked annoyed. "Why the fuck are you scared? It's Louis! The love our damn lives!"

"Edward, I got that! I just need time!"

"Explain please?" Marcel asked kinder.

"Look... we've all been away from Louis for seven months. That's almost a year you guys. You never know how he's going to react. The last time he spoke to any of us, it was after Edward found out about Claire and then stormed out... never looking back."

"Oh." Marcel whispered.

"Well, sometime or another we need to apologize." Edward said.

"No, you do."

"It was all of us."

"No. It was you shit head. You're the one who left. Even though I didn't want the baby, I would've stayed to help. Marcel would have to. But no... you left. You left and put us through this mess. You know what?"

"What?"

"It's always you. You're always causing the problems."

"I am not!"

"Yes you are Edward! You're the source."

"I'd really like to hear your reasoning."

"Well for one, you were the longest to say that you loved Louis. We almost lost him. Relationship wise and his own life. Do you not remember the accident?"

"Yes Harry. I do."

"And now you leave Louis all on his own when he's pregnant? How is that right?"

"Look." Edward spoke in anger. "I'm a dumb ass. We all know this. But as our therapist said, I'm you and you are me. My thoughts and feelings are what you would do. So stop blaming everything on me. You created me. So how about you get your head out of your ass and see the bigger picture here. You wanted to leave Louis just as bad as I did."

"Even if you're right, I found out the hard way that Louis is our world. He's everything."

"He's right Eddie." Marcel spoke up. "He's pulled me out of the storm many times. He made me happy. Me happy. He softened you, Edward. No one's been able to do that in years. He gave us our daughter. He's our everything."

"Sty is living proof that I need him." I said to them both.

"Sty's a real character." Edward chuckled.

We all started laughing after that.

"I still can't believe I was stuck in that state of mind."

"You were hurting." Marcel spoke. "We all were. He was innocent enough to make us forget love and hate."

"Yeah." I nodded. "I know."

"Can we see him now?" Marcel asked.

"Yeah."

"Get him something though." Edward spoke.

"Like what?"

"Flowers and a card. Maybe something for Claire?"

"Alright, I'll do that."

I then went into the hospital's gift shop and picked up some Tulips, a card, and little purple booties for Claire's feet.

After I checked out, and signed the card, I made my way back up to Louis' room.

I took a deep breath.

"You can do this." Marcel whispered.

I nodded and then opened the door.

Then I saw him.

I finally saw him.

Louis was sitting up in his bed with Claire in his arms... and then he looked over to me.

"Sty." He smiled.

I smiled back.

His voice.

His sweet high voice.

"He doesn't know we're back." Edward said. "Tell him."

"It's Harry, Louis."

"What?"

__________

Yes I know... it's a cliffhanger lol

Hope you liked reading this chapter! Please vote and comment! Thanks loves and see you next time! 😊