Chapter 4

Blurry.

Everything was blurry as I walked down the hallway to meet my daughter.

I didn't know something like this could ever happen.

I didn't want something like this to ever happen.

My dad and sister died from me not being normal. I can't have the same thing happen to my daughter.

My daughter....

I don't know if I'll ever get use to that.

"Are you ready?" Dr. King asked as she grabbed onto a door handle.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

She then opened the door for me.

I looked around and didn't see anything but green and purple curtains and an uncomfortable hospital chair.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Just sit down. I'll go get her."

I sat down like she asked and waited.

A few minutes later, she came in with a white bundle in her arms.

I held my breath and then Dr. King placed her in my arms. I didn't look down though, I just looked at King as I felt my daughter moving.

"You can look at her Harry." Dr. King spoke.

"I don't want to." I whispered.

"Harry." Dr. King sighed. "Look. She's yours. If Louis doesn't make it... she's all you have. Plus, you're all she has."

I took a deep breath and looked down.

The minute I saw her closed eyes, her squishy face, and her gaped open mouth... I couldn't help but smile... and that's when I heard a camera snap. I didn't look up from her face though... I just started to cry.

She's so beautiful.

"Does she have a name?" I asked through my cries.

"No... but before Louis gave in, he said the name Claire."

"Claire." I repeated. "I love it. Does she have a middle name?"

"I don't think so. Louis never got a chance to say."

"I guess I can think on it. I want to wait for Louis' opinion."

"You don't know-"

"I can hope." I interrupted finally looking up from the baby.

Dr. King nodded.

I sighed and looked back to my daughter.

Just then a picture was placed beside me.

"It's the first time you saw her."

I looked over at the picture and started crying more.

It's really happening.

"I'll leave you two alone." Dr. King spoke and then left the room.

I nodded and continued to look at my daughter and then I heard the door close.

"How can you be so beautiful?" I asked watching as she squirmed around. "Claire..." I spoke and tossed around ideas. "I do love your name." I spoke to her. "I've always liked Elizabeth... maybe that can be your middle name? Do you like that?"

I didn't get anything from her.

"Well, I don't know if your daddy would want that. I don't want to upset him." I said and then leaned down to kiss her forehead.

I sighed.

"I'm going to warn you now Claire-" I began to speak. "I'm probably not going to be the best dad. I just want you to know that. I have a lot of problems. A lot of different personalities. I don't know how you'll handle them. I don't know how I'll handle them when I'm around you. But just know I'm going to try my hardest. I'm going to try and control myself. I don't want to be a screw up."

She didn't say anything... obviously. So I just held her close to me and closed my eyes.

Seconds later Dr. King came in.

"What is it?" I asked looking up.

"It's Louis."

__________

Hope you liked reading this chapter! Please vote and comment! Thanks loves and see you next time! 😊