Chapter 3

HARRY'S POV

I sat in the waiting room for what felt like hours on end... never stopping.

What are they doing in there with Louis?

What could possibly be taking so long?

He's either alive... or dead.

"Would you like some coffee?" Dr. King asked as she sat next to me holding two cups in her hands.

"Sure." I nodded.

She handed me the cup, I took it, and then I drank some.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

"I'm sure everything is going to be okay." Dr. King said after a few minutes of silence between us.

"Then why are they taking so long?"

"I don't know."

"I think you do." I said turning to face her.

She sighed and looked away from me.

"I told you guys this could happen."

"And I told Louis to give it up."

"Her up... you mean." she corrected.

"Her..."

"Yes." she nodded. "Her. I don't understand why you don't understand that you needed to have this child."

"Because it was going to kill Louis."

"So you left when Louis decided to be a parent and an adult?"

I looked away from her then and looked at the door keeping Louis away from me.

"I left because I couldn't handle everything that was going on. I wasn't ready at the time. I wasn't ready to make a life commitment with Louis just yet."

"And now you are? Now you are going to step up to the plate when it might be too late?"

I turned to her again.

"I don't think this is a doctors place Dr. King. It's none of your business. Any of this."

"I think it is my business Harry."

"And how is that?"

"Because you left Louis to me."

I didn't say anything.

"You left him having panic attacks in my hospital room. I had to keep watch over him while you were crying about being an adult. How do you think I feel right now... having to see Louis like this? He was so excited to be apart of your daughters life... to give "speck" a life that she deserved instead of wanting to tear her out of any chances."

"You don't understand what I'm feeling or what I felt."

"Well tell me." she said crossing her arms over her chest. "We've got some time on our hands."

"Look-" I said and then paused for a few seconds to think. "-I don't know how I would have handled being a dad. I have problems up here." I spoke while pointing to my head. "-I have some mental issues that I don't think would have been such a good idea to have around a hormonal Louis and a child. I didn't want to hurt them."

"Well they are hurting now." Dr. King said and got up. "I need to go and check on some of my patients. I hope you've learned from all of this." she spoke and then left.

I rolled my eyes and then continued to look at the door hoping some miracle would happen and Louis would wake up, but the more I hoped and prayed, the longer the time went on without anyone telling me things were okay.

Fuck.

I don't know what to do anymore.

"I think you should go home. We all need the rest." Marcel spoke into my head.

"I don't want to go." I answered.

"Why?"

"What if Louis di-" I tried but Edward spoke up.

"Don't you even finish that sentence." he said.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because." he answered. "Louis will make it. If he does't then I'm taking all three of us to a cliff."

"But you're the one who walked away from him!"

"Well I was wrong... and now I realize I was wrong. Leaving Louis turned you into an eight year old. Imagine him dying Harry. You'll go brain dead."

I looked down to my hands and started to cry.

"I don't know what to do right now." I confessed.

"Just stay." Edward said. "We can't go home just yet."

"Yeah I guess..." Marcel then said. "Just go to the bathroom and clean up a little. You need to stay focused and alert. Water on your face will wake you up."

I nodded and then got up, but was stopped.

"Harry."

I turned around to see Dr. King.

"Yes?" I asked as my heartbeat increased with worry.

"Do you want to meet your daughter?"

__________
Hope you liked reading this chapter! Please vote and comment! Thanks loves and see you next time! 😊