Chapter 13- The Truth is Still Hidden

Start bij het begin

"Kyra. I am telling you the truth. Your mother, Princess Andrea, came from a rich and powerful royal family called the 'Worthingtons' who ruled over England. She was supposed to marry my father, Prince Derek of Canada. Arranged marriages to other royal families were key to the success of kingdoms. However, she was in love with Daniel, your father, who was a commoner. She got married to him despite my father's protests but my father promised that if she ever had a child and got divorced, her child would be taken away from her. It was a set deal and she knew the consequences." He said grimacing at the information he had just told me.

"So why didn't your father kidnap me?" I asked curiously.

"My father died a couple of years ago and left this castle to my brother and I." he said.

"What about Dr. Amara?" I asked curiously.

"What about her?" he asked.

"She's your step-sister, your fath-" Raymond interrupted me with his voice full of anger.

"She is in no way related to us so why don't you shut the-" I cut him off.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." I said a little scared seeing the rage on his face.

"It's okay." he said calming down a little.

He then looked me in the eye very seriously and asked me the dreaded question I had been trying to avoid.

"Now who slapped you?" he demanded.

"No one slapped me. I told you..." I paused trying to figure out what lie I would tell him and my eyes wondered quickly around the room before looking Raymond straight in the eye, "I ran into a wall."

"Kyra would you stop playing games and tell me who slapped you?" he asked annoyed and throwing his hands in the air in frustration.

I got scared and blurted out Lisa's name.

He nodded his head and immediately stormed out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

Oh no!

What have I done?

I should have never told him who slapped me. He was scaring me and in fear that he would hit me, I told him the truth. I cannot believe that I snitched on my best friend. Never in my life had I ever told on her. We would lie for each other just to protect our friendship and here I was betraying her when this was a life and death situation.

I should have believed Lisa from the start. Raymond was still a monster and he was trying to turn me against my best friend.

He looked as if he were about to slap me when I asked about Dr.Amara being a part of his family. He had some serious anger issues and I refused to be the one to cure him of his problems. He needs a shrink and I need to be back in South Carolina with my mother and friends.

I need to get out of here.

After thinking for a couple of minutes of how I could escape this mess I had put both Lisa and I in, I remembered that I had slammed the door in her face not too long before Raymond came to my door.

She probably hid somewhere on the third floor as she would not have time to hide anywhere else. I exited my room and began my search for her. I hope she is unharmed. How could I have been so stupid? Trusting a total stranger over my best friend. I had really lost it.

"Lisa? Lisa!" I whispered for her as I walked the hallway, trying not to draw too much attention to myself in case Raymond was close by.

"Lisa, where are you? Come out, I think it's safe now." I said and after waiting two seconds, I heard the turn of a knob and Lisa came out of what appeared to be a supply closet.