She cursed Naina inwardly for she hadn't mentioned they were coming but again she should have known herself as they were a part of the family now. They hadn't come to her birthday because of Nisha's new boutique inauguration party and she hadn't thought they'd be here tonight.

"We are not leaving." She said firmly, looking straight into his eyes. "Show her you aren't the same Atharva. You are a lot more stronger and a lot more confident like rock and you won't break this time because you have put the broken pieces differently."

He shut his eyes and breathed. "It's not as easy as it sounds. I can't."

"I'll be there with you." She smiled and after a moment or two of contemplating, he sat back on the chair. Aahana started talking animatedly just to keep him distracted but she could see his eyes wander in Urvashi's direction now and then.

He was nodding at her, but he wasn't listening to a word she was saying.

"Atharva will you breathe?" She handed him another glass of water but his hands were shaking too much to even hold the glass properly.

And then he saw her walking in his direction with a surprised look. "Baby? I didn't know you were coming."

His jaw ticked and breathing turned uneven.

"Of course we were coming. This is my parents' anniversary, remember?" Aahana said sweetly and got up from her chair to touch Urvashi's feet when all she wanted to do was slap her.

"Oh yes." Urvashi smiled. "So when did you come?"

"Around an hour ago, and we will be leaving in a few minutes," she said, glancing at Atharva from the corner of her eyes. He looked paler than before.

"Oh, so soon? I haven't met my son," Urvashi said, sadness leaking from her voice as tears glistened in her eyes. "Can I talk to him for a moment?"

Aahana wanted to say no, but she knew Urvashi would keep pestering them like a sticky worm. She shrugged casually. "Sure."

"Baby come with me." Urvashi grabbed Atharva's hand and he felt a sickening feeling develop in the pit of his stomach. Goosebumps dotted his arms and he pulled away.

"We can talk here," he gritted out through clenched teeth.

"It's too noisy here. Aahana dear why don't you show us your room?"

Atharva froze as his mind began to form cold and disastrous images of his past.

"I am sorry, but almost all the rooms are locked and the keys are with my sister."

"Heard her? So talk or we are leaving," Atharva said in a low voice.

Urvashi wanted to say so many things to him but how could she in front of his wife? She threw a hurt look his way and cried. "Why don't you come home Atharva? I miss you."

"I am busy." Was his only answer.

"Is work more important than your mama?"

"Yes. Work is more important than you."

Urvashi was deterred to shock hearing him. She never thought he would open his mouth in front of her.