Chapter 4

"It says here Catrina that you graduated college at 13 and exceeded in many subjects. What went wrong? Why are you here, rather than graduating highschool?" he questioned me.

I almost growled at him talking about my college. No one talks about that, they should know better.

But then again, I dont talk enough for them to know WHAT to ask me.

I gave him a cold look and he rolled his eyes. He looked fed up with me, and its only been a week.

Good.

The tests they did on me....Ive never been so closely acquainted to madness before. This is all inhumane. I was never insane before my mother called the police on me.

Theres one good thing I discovered since Ive been in here, and its that the government stopped putting money in my mothers bank account after hearing I was framed. They believe me, I know they do.

But once they heard whats been done to me in here they knew that I was a little crazy after the punishments, but that didnt stop them. I wrote to them requesting a private personal bank account, and they accepted.

Karmas a bitch aint it mom?

A smirk lit my face and he gave me a skeptical look.

"You remind me of a patient I had once. He was just like you. He made my other patient go mad. Now she runs around this city with him. Absolutely crazy. I know you have skill in that mind of yours." he spoke calmly. Eerily so.

I steeled my face of emotion. This man has played too many games. Hes played his game, its time to play mine.

This man is finished.

"Say doc, how would you react if I said I knew you had that family? Say they got punishments like mine, how would they react to find out that their sweet darling husband and father was purposely letting a 14 year old girl be harmed? Id say theyd be scared. Youre just like me. A monster. You could strike fear into the hearts of good. Just. Like. Us." I smirked evilly.

He growled at me and I tsked at him "Careful Harvey, dont you know the rules are to not let us get to you?" I taunted him in baby talk like I was scolding a child and his face reddened in anger.

"TAKE HER TO THE PUNISHMENT ROOM! I PRESCRIBE SHOCK THERAPY!" He boomed.

I laughed at him crazily as I was shoved on the table and forced out of the room.

.............................................................

They shoved me on a metal table and strapped me down. They stared at me expectantly.

"What? You expecting fear or somethin'? Bring it on." I smirked at them.

They narrowed their eyes and loomed over me, and I smiled wildly at the metal things in their hands.

Bring it on bitches.

Pain shook through me and my back arched. I REFUSE TO LET THEM HEAR ME BREAK!

I laughed weakly. "Charge the volts higher." one said firmly.

Pain ripped through me and I grunted. This was so unbearable! Oh god, I CAN TAKE IT!

My body shook with tremors and I grunted and arched my back as they shocked me over and over. God it feels like hours!

Black spots appear infront of my vision and I panted. Screaming was in all corners of my mind. It was my screams, the ones I failed to let out.

"Get her out." grunted a familiar voice. I felt the straps being ripped off me and I was picked up almost gently.

I appreciate the guard who picked me up gently, I really do.

I wish I could see who it is, but they shocked away my vision temporarily. My body spasmed harshly and he accidentally dropped me.

"Guh!" I choked out when I collided with the floor.

I heard his gasp and scramble a bit before trying to gently pick me up.

"Im alright..." I hoarsely whispered, and patted what I think was his cheek gently, based on the stubble.

"Im sorry..." he whispered sadly. Whos this guy? His voice was innocent but I knew better, however he seemed kind.

I smiled tiredly at him, where I think his face was "nice man..."

"Whats your name?" I whispered sleepily.

I heard my cell open and he tried to put me on my bed gently.

And right when I thought he would leave and I not reply, he whispered "Max." and shuffled away.

Max...

Hm, I smiled and my body spasmed and twitched. I could only think of the person who gave me a tiny but of kindness in my week here.

I finally succumbed to sleep.