Undead Chloe

It had been a week since they barricaded all of the undead inside of the hospital. Armed guards had gathered outside,they set up camp at every exit and stood day after day making plans on how to control the outbreak. They had enough guns to take down every single undead inside of the hospital as long as nothing went wrong, but of course something always goes wrong doesn't it? There were over one hundred undead zombies inside just begging to get out for their next snack. As their hunger grew they became more violent, the barricades wouldn't hold much longer at this rate. The few who had managed to escape were being held just outside in quarantine until it was certain that the hadn't been infected. Three of the two hundred had already turned, they were promptly been prescribed a bullet to the head.

It was Tuesday night when the zombies finally broke through the first barricade. Undead Chloe seemed to be the most advanced at this point perhaps because she's the first known zombie. It still felt odd saying that out loud, even if no one can hear it. I stood by my undead selfs side as she growls and snarled throwing her body at the doors over and over and over again.

"Stop. Dead me, stop. Come on man this is just embarrassing stop with the whole eating people thing!" I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed "this is so not you...I mean me...?"
Suddenly the door hinges buckled. I don't know what would be better staying locked in this hospital with undead me another day  or having zombies roaming the planet.

There was no time to fully think it through though, the door gave way and a storm of undead rushed the unsuspecting victims standing outside. Guns blazed many of the undead fell but it wasn't enough. The first line of zombies reach the first victim within seconds. I was running to keep up with undead Chloe as she tore through the line of defense, it seemed she had a target in mind. A woman towards the back hid behind a very large man with a very large gun. Now I don't know much about guns but I could see it knocking undead me on my ass. I don't know what what was going through my mind at this point I was already dead so why did my undead me dying scare the living hell out of me? Maybe it was because she was my last connection to this planet? Or something else?

Without thinking I dove in front of undead Chloe just as the large man pulled the trigger, as if a ghost could stop a bullet. Sharp pain rocked my being and I fell to the ground. Undead Chloe marched on, unharmed. With my fading vision I could see her rip the gun from his hands and smash his skull on the pavement before digging into the splattered remains.

Was I dying again?