Battle ready

It all happened so slowly, but the shift in power was almost instant. It was like an electric charge that was hovering in the air, waiting for the perfect moment to unleash. Something snapped inside me and I heard these loud, static, scratching sharp noises, a second nature instinct crawled up my spine, telling me that something was coming. As I was standing, I tilted my head at an angle to catch any sounds, when I heard heavy breathing. My senses were extremely high, as if some ancient coding has broken through my human DNA. 

I turned towards where the breathing originates, and see this huge wolf staring me down.

Immediately I knew who it was. Danny.

"Danny." I acknowledge his presence. 

I was replied with a low rumbling growl sound.

"Stormlyn, stop this. This is not who you are." His voice echoes in my mind.

At first I was caught off guard with the intrusion of him in my mind, but quickly shook it off.

"Get out of my head!" I shouted in anger, my hounds getting restless at my side. 

"Listen to me. They did something to you. What you are doing is not normal." Danny's voice whisper in my mind.

Rage filled me, because he doesn't know what they did to me. What they put me through to make me like this. That I was some descendant from a High Demon. That thought alone made me lose some control and I leveled a hard look on Danny.

"Occidere eum." (Kill him) I say coldly, while looking at Danny. I felt no emotions, except for rage and anger at the world. He wants to step in my way, I will make him regret it. 

My hounds didn't hesitate. They moved with the promise of death to follow. Danny was shocked at seeing them them charge at him, but he didn't back down. He stood his ground, and suddenly a whole pack of giant wolves emerged from the trees beside the road. 

At once everything went into chaos. There was about 13 giant wolves from what I could calculate, against my 3 hellhounds. Nevertheless, my hounds did not waver once. They were bred for war, and the grace of killing was the reason they existed. 

As I was watching the scene unfold before me, another tingling sensation ran down my spine and the next thing I know I was on the ground. Standing above me, was an unknown man. He had hair as white as snow, eyes as red as blood. My eyes connected with his for a brief second, and all I could feel was misery engulfing me. It took all my willpower to break eye contact and regain myself. I quickly recollected and stood before him.

He was staring down at me, like I was inferior to him. It felt like he was reading me, my soul.

"I have waited a long time for you. I will not have you run amok and ruin my empire." This man declares while giving me a leveled look. He glanced behind me at the battle raging and sighs.

Momentarily I am also distracted by the harsh fighting sounds, but quickly set my attention back to him.

"Who are you?" I question, feeling uncertain of what to make of this stranger. He emits an aura of strange attraction and strange enough, calmness.

He looks at me, really looks at me, as if curious as to why I would ask this.

"I am Vlad the 3rd, King of all vampires, the reason you exist. You, my child, are our salvation. Not our damnation. Cease your attacks, or you will severely regret angering me." His whole demeanor says calm and controlled, but his eyes says he is not lying and will follow through with that threat.

I stared him down for a good minute, sizing up if he is worth it. Decidedly, I call out to my hounds.

"Prohibere. Veni ad me." (Stop. Come to me.) I call out and almost instantly the fighting seizes and my hounds is at my side. The wolves was momentarily relieved at the pause and quickly jumped around to check for injuries and such among themselves while they had the chance, seeing we were now preoccupied.

I lift a brow at him, daring him to do something.

He levels his gaze on my hounds, then at me. "Impressive. But not yet at your full potential. Who trained you?" He questions, while inspecting my form.

"I was not trained, I was tortured in order to bring out my true potential." I let out a bitter laugh, "I waited for the right moment, and that moment is now. I will make you all regret ever interfering in my life!" I raised my voice and a loud echo blasted, like a sound barrier. A heavy gush of wind came along with it, and painful howls and screams could be heard. I glanced around to see all the wolves strewn about, outcold, or maybe even lifeless.

Suddenly and unexpected, a sharp, strong hold came over my heart, literally, feeling like the life is getting squeezed out of me. I gasped and clutched my chest, falling to my knees. I glanced up to see Vlad staring at me, cold and emotionless. 

Sudden anger flared up inside me, pushing past the pain in my chest, and all I felt was rage. I wanted them all dead. Something just snapped inside me, and as if my hounds could actually sense what I was feeling, they attacked Vlad. 

I got up, and screamed out in absolute fury, and it was like an explosion took place. I felt a cold essence slithering down my spine, and something trying to invade my mind - trying to push aside the human side in me. I tried to push back, but the agony was too much and with one last scream, I fell to the ground. Everything turned dark around me, and I could hear whispers of thousands of creatures, sounding excited, yipping in glee. Then a misty apparition appeared in the darkness, hissing words I cannot understand. Then, I felt like I was shrinking, trapped and all alone in deafening silence. As I tried to struggle myself out of this void space, the sudden laughter of something dark filled the particles around me.

"You belong to us now." Was the last thing I heard before a horrendous cackling sound erupted all around me, leaving me trapped inside my own mind.

*What a crazy chapter. I don't like it. 

Anyway, tell me what you guys are thinking of this gross chapter.

I will probably edit it at some point and make it better...

Freakynikki ^()^

Sold as a bride to a vampire princeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें