Chapter 1

Kasey Winslow walked down the bustling streets of Manhattan. The sun was just beginning to set, and the city's night life was about to begin.

Another day of auditioning gone. She felt like she hadn't gotten the part that she'd wanted. They'd asked questions that Kasey was certain that she hadn't had the right answers for. The directors didn't really seem enthusiastic about working with her, either. The audition hadn't excited her about the project and she wasn't optimistic about it.

Kasey sighed. She'd left Hamilton in September and taken her final bow alone. It was getting close to December. She'd hoped to have gotten a new show by now. But nothing seemed to fit right.

She opened the door to the apartment building, greeting the staff at the door before beginning the long trek up the stairs.

Finally, she reached the door and opened it.

"How'd it go?" Carleigh asked.

"Not well..." Kasey said. "I don't think I got it. But I don't know if I really liked the director, anyway, so it might not even matter."

"You'll get something soon," Carleigh reassured her. "You could always accept Lin's Hamiltour offer."

Lin had asked Kasey to lead the ensemble on the new Hamilton Tour as the bullet. She'd debated for a long time over that decision, but she'd turned it down. She didn't want her career to just be Hamilton. And traveling would be rough.

"If I have to, but I'm running out of time for that, too. They're going to start rehearsing soon, and there's a lot to think about with that decision."

~~~~~~~~~

Kasey sat down on the couch and flipped through the advertisements for a possible temporary job. She didn't want to just sit around the loft without doing something.

There were mostly waitressing jobs. And that really wasn't something Kasey wanted to do.

But, money was money.

Kasey had heard about projects hiring for Anastasia Broadway, and she was probably going to that open call audition. It would always be a good safety net.

And there was also the casting for the replacements in Great Comet of 1812, but Kasey couldn't see herself doing a show like that. She almost wanted a completely different show fro Hamilton.

She opened her phone to check her notifications. There were none from Jace, which made Kasey's heart sink a little. There was one from Renee, and one from Lac. She had some email notifications, too.

After texting Renee back, she read Lac's text. He was offering her an audition for his recasting of Dear Evan Hansen.

She told him she'd think about it. She was probably going to at least audition. It was a good show- Lac had sent her 'Waving Through a Window' and Kasey was already in love with the music.

And then she read her email.

Dear Kasey Winslow,

We've heard about you from your work in Hamilton and Wicked on the West End. Your character and talent have caught our attention and we would like to offer you the role of Anna in our workshop of Frozen on Broadway.

We know you might have other opportunities lined up, and we need to cast this role quickly. Please reply promptly.

Thank you for your consideration.

~John Case

Kasey turned off her phone, exhaling deeply. She was slightly stunned and surprised. She had a British accent, and she didn't think that she ever fit the vision of any of the Disney princesses. She thought the most likely was Belle, but that wasn't going back on Broadway. Disney was one of the best companies to do a Broadway show with. Lion King, Aladdin, Newsies, and Tangled had all done amazingly. Kasey had no doubt on the quality that Frozen would have.

She never thought she would get a personal request to join a workshop, let alone a project like Frozen on Broadway. It was a huge deal. There were a lot of people that wanted to be in it. Kasey hadn't thought that she'd stood out from the crowd enough to warrant a personal invitation to play a lead in a Disney musical.

"What's wrong?" Carleigh asked immediately.

"Nothing... It's just... I think I was just offered Anna in Frozen Broadway's workshop," Kasey said slowly.

Carleigh was quiet, knowing that Kasey didn't want her to make a huge deal out of it.

"What are you going to tell them?" she asked finally. "It's a huge opportunity."

"I think I'm going to say yes."