"I know what you are thinking, so stop it Atharva. There is nothing wrong. We both are meant to be with each other, protect each other, care for each other, love each other."

He didn't say anything and let her words sink into his ears. She was right in a way. These were the few lines of the vows they'd taken on the day of their marriage.

"Fine, let's go."

"But first, we need to buy the cake." She told him and gave the direction to the bakery shop.

"This one?"

"Yep. Wait here! I'll be back in 5 minutes." Without waiting for his reply, she rushed inside and was greeted by the staff. She smiled at them and took the parcel before getting into the car.

They headed in the direction of Kapoor Mansion which was quite near the bakery shop.

The white mansion was flooded with lights and looked lively in the darkness of night.

Aahana felt excited as they exited the car and went in through the gate. She rang the doorbell and it opened to reveal her furious sister.

"You couldn't come faster." She said sarcastically and pulled Aahana for a warm hug.

Aahana smiled and hugged her back.

When they pulled away, Naina turned her attention towards Atharva. "Hi, jiju" She smiled at him and bent down to touch his feet.

Atharva wasn't used to this kind of treatment and jumped slightly in surprise but nodded and patted her head awkwardly. "Uh, hello."

She smiled at them once more before hauling them inside. They seemed to have done nearly all the work since the hallway was already decorated with blue and white balloons and twinkling star lights.

"We have sent mom and dad outside with uncle and auntie but they'd be back in an hour. So go get ready." Her sister informed and took the cake from Aahana and handed it to one of the maids.

Aahana nodded and after quick greetings to her family members, she and Atharva went upstairs to her room.

The room was just the way she had left and their clothes were neatly laid on her bed.

She held up the royal blue and gold sari and smiled. It was beautiful and she knew it was her auntie and sister who chose it for her.

She handed Atharva his clothes and told him he can change here while she will go to the guest room.

He shook his head. "I can change in the washroom. You change here." She couldn't utter a word of protest as he was already gone.

He locked himself inside and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He quickly stripped out of his clothes and wore the crisp white shirt underneath his royal blue Armani suit jacket and pant and to his surprise, they fit him perfectly.

He ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath to calm his nerves before stepping out but all the air was knocked out of his system when his eyes landed on Aahana.

She stood in front of the floor-length mirror in the sari which complemented her creamy skin and accented her curves. Her hair was brushed into a classic chignon with few strands of it framing her glowing face which was honed to perfection.

She groaned and that snapped him to reality. He blinked and watched her struggle with the hook of her blouse.

He immediately turned away. "Shit. I am sorry. I'll wait outside." He sputtered and rushed to the door.

Aahana hadn't realized he was in the room but hearing his voice, she turned to him and shouted, "Wait!"

He halted but didn't turn back.

She bit her lower lip which was coated with red lipstick and said in a barely audible voice. "I need a tiny help."

"Okay?"

"Uh you know, can you do this for me?" She turned around and waited anxiously.

He already knew what she was asking him to do. "No."

"Huh?"

"I can't do it. I'll call your sister."

Aahana closed her eyes. "Oh okay."

Atharva nodded and was out of the door. He looked around for Naina but the servant told him she was getting ready herself. He asked for some other female member but everyone seemed to be busy.

He grumbled and hesitantly went back to Aahana's room. She was sitting on the bed and fidgeting with her fingers.

"She is getting ready." He informed her.

She nodded and looked down at her painted nails. "Okay, I'll wait."

"Um... I-I" Atharva stuttered and walked towards her and with every step he took, he felt his heart skip a beat. He finally breathed. "Turn around."

Her head snapped to his and she stared at his stiff figure. Sweat glistened on his forehead and his hands were shaking.

"It's okay. You go and wait outside." She told him and gave a small smile.

"No. I don't want your family to know there is nothing between us."

That hurt. There is nothing between us. It was the truth but Aahana didn't like it coming from his mouth.

She squeezed her eyes shut and stood up, slowly turning her back to him.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and closed his eyes, his shaky hands searching for the hook but all he could feel was creamy smooth skin. He jerked away in shock and shook his head, a sharp breath escaping his lips. "No. I can't do it." He confessed embarrassedly.

She sighed and took his hand and placed it on top of the hook. "Here."

He nodded and fumbled with it for a few seconds before he successfully did it and stepped away from her and out of the room.

Aahana fell on the bed and tried to calm her erratically beating heart before she looked at herself one last time in the mirror and walked out.

"Let's go," she muttered to Atharva who was leaning against the wall, his eyes closed.

He looked at his feet and nodded. They both walked down the stairs in silence but that silence didn't last long when they reached the hallway.

Almost all the people had arrived and were running around, searching for a suitable place to hide.

Aahana chuckled and gestured for Atharva to follow her. They both hid behind a white pillar and after a few minutes, the lights were switched off and everyone went quiet.

Aahana took his hand in hers and he stiffened from the contact but didn't utter a word.

"Atharva?" She whispered.

"Hmm?"

"I know you need time and I am ready to give you forever."

Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤