"Yummy na?" Aahana asked wiping her mouth with the tissue once she was finished.

Atharva nodded in response and sipped his water.

"This can be our place." She chirped, her eyes light and smile bright as she glanced around and back at him.

Atharva went silent but agreed after a fraction of second. "Our place." He repeated softly.

Aahana's smile widened.

They paid the bill and walked out under the night sky and hopped into the car.

Aahana was fastening her seatbelt when her phone blared. Confused, she glanced at it to see her sister, Naina calling.

"Hello?" She said into the phone.

"Hello, my ass. You are dead. So dead." Her sister's annoyed voice rang in her ears.

"Um, why?"

"Do you know what's today?"

Aahana racked her brain but no special occasion alarmed her mind.

"No?" She said slowly and glanced at Atharva.

"TODAY IS MOM AND DAD'S ANNIVERSARY FOR GOODNESS' SAKE," Naina yelled into the phone.

Aahana went blank and then she started panicking, her eyes wide in horror. "Oh my...Shit shit shit!"

"Yeah shit. Now get your ass here in 10 minutes. And yeah, bring the cake on your way. I hope you remember the shop or did you forget that too?"

"Ugh. Sorry okay?! I am coming. Bye." She hung up and turned to face Atharva.

"What now?" He tilted his head to the side and arched a brow at her.

"Please don't say no." She pleaded, giving him the puppy eyes.

He frowned and nodded slowly.

"I have to get to my parents' house. It's their anniversary today." She told him hopefully.

Atharva sighed. "Okay. I'll drop you there."

At this Aahana's eyes narrowed at him. "Drop? We both are going."

"I don't think I can handle so many people." He admitted. Yes, he knew Aahana had a huge family. He had met them on the day of their engagement and he was shocked out of his mind and dumbfounded throughout the event. They'd come and wished him, some pinched his cheeks and told he was extremely good looking, some hugged him and said he was a lucky man for Aahana would be his, some threatened him to keep her happy and he had no idea as to how so many people knew his would-be wife. For a moment he thought she was some famous celebrity he knew nothing about and had a lot of fans but at the end of the engagement, he was introduced to all of them as her family.

"Please. I promise I'll keep you safe."

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?" Atharva muttered bitterly and closed his eyes. He suddenly felt weak and pathetic hearing those words. Which man could not handle a couple of people or which husband needed protection from his wife?