Bodyguard

Alignment:
Town (Protective)

Abilities:
Protect a player from direct attacks at night.

Attributes:
If your target is attacked or is the victim of a harmful visit, you and the visitor will fight.
If you successfully protect someone you can still be Healed.

Goal:
Lynch every criminal and evildoer.

The ex-military man sat in his home, twiddling his thumbs as he sat on the couch in the back of the room. The house was dark, the shadows painting his face as the wind blew softly through the branches of the trees. He calmly turned his head to stare at the blank wall, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

He had not been hired that night, leaving him secluded in the depths of the abandoned town. His house was nearly empty, only needing the couch to sneak in a quick nap from time to time. His pager was in his lap and he was nearly expecting it to tell him that someone was in trouble, but he wasn't on call. His desperation had gotten the best of him, causing him to retire to the back of the room as he looked upon the bland and dreary living space. He bit his lip, throwing the device across the room.

He went to the kitchen, fixing himself a cup of coffee as he stared at an empty jar on the counter. He had been saving up to leave this dreadful town, but no one required protection. You couldn't protect anyone if no one was there.

The kitchen window was covered with scratches from a previous incident that had occurred a few weeks prior. He had been protecting a client that had recently moved into the house next-door. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see that a figured had snuck into his home in the middle of the night. If he had been there, he would have died.

The young man was not worried about death. He had trained and enlisted into the military, devoting his time, effort, and life into the cause. He had made the decision to retire, stumbling across Danvers when he was out of money. From that day forward, he dressed in black, patrolling the houses of those who needed him at night. He lived paycheck-to-paycheck, waiting for his opportunity to escape the village.

His lips touched the dark and black liquid, the warmth soothing his throat as he watched out into the village square. His fingertips drummed on the countertop, wishing that his skills could be put to good use. He had continually pestered the townspeople for a job, but no one ever responded. They would leave within the week and leave him with no hope of an escape. He would be trapped without a job, without a purpose, and he couldn't stand it.

The young man watched as a girl stumbled into the town. His eyes widened with shock, watching her as she walked throughout the center with a notebook and pen. He gently lowered his coffee mug, his hands trembling slightly as he thought of protecting the young woman from the evil that lurked through the village. His skills would be put to good use as fulfilled his purpose of protecting his client. He forced down his excitement, inhaling shakily as he turned away from the window.

He returned to the front room, watching the woman as she walked into the first house. He put his hands into his pockets, looking at the neighboring houses to see if anyone else had seen her. He returned to his position on the couch, his eyes focusing on the pager on the floor. He knew that she was his last chance to escape.

This young woman would save him.