You're Not Alone (Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

I blinked, “Yuzuki, Yuzuki of the Sand.” I replied automatically. I inwardly rolled my eyes, I was just sooo used to impressing people that they had to ask my name, it’s become a habit. (Yeah, I sound really self-absorbed don’t I…? Oh well…)

The man narrowed his eyes, “Why are you here? To try to kill Naruto?”

I frowned again (I’ve been doing that a lot lately), “Wait what? No, of course not. Wait, Naruto? Naruto is here?”

A blonde mess of spikey-wet hair popped out from beside the old man.

“Yuzuki? Yuzuki right?” He asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, you’re Naruto aren’t you, if I remember correctly?” I pursed my lips.

He grinned and nodded, “Yep! Shikamaru said that you’re actually pretty nice! You are!”

A corner of my lips went up, “Nice? I’ve not even talked to you properly and you’re calling me nice?”

Naruto shrugged, “Well, you’re not trying to kill me, so I say that’s pretty nice of you.”

I let out an amused laugh, “Wow, okay.”

The man groaned, “Okay fine, you two know each other.”

Naruto rolled his eyes, “Yuzuki, meet Pervy Sage, he’s training me for the finals.”

‘Pervy Sage’ hit Naruto on his head, “You’re not supposed to tell your enemy about your training!”

I shrugged, “What am I going to do about it? Nothing. And wait, Pervy Sage?” I asked, confused at the nickname.

Naruto nodded, “Yeah, he’s a pervert.”

The pervert opened his mouth in offence. “WHAT? No! I am not a pervert!”

The blonde, orange and blue jump-suited ninja rolled his eyes again. “Oh sorry, you’re not a pervert. You’re a super pervert.”

He smiled and nodded, “Yes, thank you.” I facepalmed. “But in all honesty…” He stroke a pose, holding his arm above his head and pointing.

“Oh here we go…” Naruto muttered.

The pervert ignored Naruto and just grinned. “My name is Jiraiya! Jiraiya the Toad Sage! And also the Super Perv-“ Naruto used this time to plant a massive kick right in the side of Jiraiya’s face.

“Shut up Pervy Sage.” He said simply and sighed.

I blinked and creased my eyebrows, “Jiraiya? The Sannin?!”

Jiraiya rubbed his bruised cheek and gave a big grin, “See? She knows who I am you brat!”

I looked him up and down, “Doesn’t live up to expectation.” I added.

Naruto burst out laughing and Jiraiya huffed and walked away, muttering things like ‘stupid ignorant kids… I’m going…. Hot springs… hehehehe… boobies…’

Yeah, I got a bit freaked out.

“Can you tell me why Jiraiya of the Three Legendary Sannin is training you?” I asked.

It was an unlikely thing to happen. A famous ninja training a tiny, unimportant, weak Genin. And I wanted to know why he was doing it. Blackmail?

Naruto gave me a toothy grin. “I caught him peeking into the woman’s hot springs!”

My mouth hung open and I chuckled, “Of course, as expected of a ‘super pervert.’