Chapter 48

Fred placed his hands on her shoulders and pressed his lips on the top of Alexandria's head, trying to convey how much she meant to him in the small gesture. "Come on, everyone's downstairs to hear the news."

Alexandria followed Fred from his room to the kitchen where everyone was talking happily as plates floated over the table and placed themselves down before the assembled chairs. Alexandria and Fred stopped behind their empty chairs, Fred taking Alexandria's hand in his and coughing.

"Everyone, we want to make an announcement," Fred said above everyone's voices, their eyes turning on them before flashing knowing looks.

"We're getting married," Fred said, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Thought of a date?" Molly Weasley asked cheerfully along with the various cheers around the room.

"We want to do it in early fall next year," Alexandria nodded.

"Tell us how it happened," Hermione said excitedly.

Fred snorted slightly, "it's not as romantic as you think."

"I needed some medicine and as it turns out, Fred was hiding the box in his nightstand," Alexandria laughed, Fred's ears turning scarlet.

"We're all happy for you two," Arthur Weasley said with a nod.

Fred kissed Alexandria's temple before turning to his food, conversation was louder than usual as words of congratulations and wedding planning sprung up.

"Could I see the ring?"

Alexandria turned to Fleur who sat a few seats diagonally from her, Alexandria nodded with a small smile as she held out her hand. Fleur and Hermione both leaned forward to look at the ring closely. The ring was a almond shape that sat with two small hearts on either side embedded in the band and facing the central diamond.

"It's beautiful," Hermione smiled, "matches the promise ring."

"Oh I didn't even notice that," Alexandria grinned, she prodded Fred's shoulder with her own. "That's a nice touch, dear."

Fred winked before turning back to his plate, "make sure to rub it in Vic's face that I have taste later."

****

"Are we honestly doing this?"

"Hush, she requested to see you. My dad too."

Alexandria chuckled slightly, sighing as they waited on the small doorstep, "your mum always loved me more than you."

Vic rolled his eyes, "because your marks were always one letter better than mine."

Alexandria grinned triumphantly as the door opened, standing before them was a tall woman with brown hair pulled into a loose bun on top of her head. She looked at Vic and gave him a warm smile, when she looked at Alexandria she held out her arms and embraced the girl tightly--causing the air to leave Alexandria's lungs.

"My two favorite people in the world! Where have you been? I've missed you so much!" Tristan spoke fast as she let go of Alexandria, examining her face and grinning. "Come in, dad's waiting in the family room."

Tristan Ryder pulled Alexandria behind her as they walked through the small hallway, to the room at the right that opened to a big space with two couches that faced each other before a fireplace.

"Look, love! Lexibear and Vici are here," Tristan announced, holding Alexandria's hand above her head.

Nathan Ryder looked up from his book, tossing it beside him as he got to his feet with a wide smile, "my, my. Alexandria! Victor! What brings you here?"