Chapter 42

There was nothing but footsteps and the uncomfortable feeling the sun left against her skin as Alexandria let the blood pour from her mouth and down her front. She'd been retching for what felt like several hours, the blood covered the ground before her in a huge puddle as Alexandria sat on her knees and hung her head.

The footsteps were louder now, they sounded like boots against the stone until they finally stopped across the crimson lake. Alexandria slowly lifted her head to meet the disapproving scowl that was plastered on the identical face she saw in the mirror every day. Except this reflection had black eyes.

"It's over," Alexandria said softly, blood trickling down her chin. "You're history."

"You really don't know how this works...do you?" The vampire version of herself smirked. "If starving me close to death didn't work, why would the actual cure?"

"The cure is clearing my blood, you'll be gone soon," Alexandria spoke as she took a deep breath but blood trickled down her throat and she began to splutter.

"You're so pathetic," the vampire sneered, taking steps through the blood before she knelt down so that she was eye level with Alexandria. "We've been as thick as thieves for three years....you can't get rid of me this easily." The vampire scowled, quickly grabbing Alexandria's throat in her hands before slowly crushing her windpipe as she lifted Alexandria to her feet.

"You want to get rid of me? You better start fighting because I'm not going away that easily," the vampire hissed. She pushed Alexandria away, forcing her to stagger through her own blood as she coughed.

"I'll get rid of you," Alexandria coughed horribly, "you'll be gone and I can live--"

"Happily ever after?" The vampire came closer to her, running her fingers down Alexandria's cheek as she smirked slightly. "oh darling....you can't get rid of me just by vomiting blood. You have to do much better than that."

Alexandria breathed deeply, moving sluggishly as she stepped forward, "then I'll murder you with my bare hands," she sneered lifting her hands for the vampire's throat.

The vampire moved faster than Alexandria, moving off to the side as Alexandria staggered forward, swatting at her hands harshly.

"Sweetheart, save your strength," the vampire snickered. "You need to die with some dignity."

"I took the cure..." she began to cough horribly, "why aren't you weak?"

"In order to make sure a tick doesn't infect you, you must dispel of all the blood and fully remove the tick," the vampire chuckled. "Too bad you don't have the strength to kill the tick."

Alexandria's eyes searched the room for anything, anything that could be used to kill. There were rocks and other bits of debris scattered everywhere, nothing that could do damage....Alexandria's hopes were slowly dying as she realized there would be no getting out of this.

The vampire version of herself was laughing as Alexandria fell to the ground, blood soaking through her clothing. Alexandria was lifted in the air and tossed like a useless toy, the footsteps were fast and Alexandria couldn't react quick enough and she felt her arm snap easily in the vampire's grip.

"You were always weak," the vampire commented as she stepped on Alexandria's left wrist. "I hated being with you all these years. Being starved countless times, having to deal with you and your school girl antics..." The vampire kicked her back, Alexandria let out a gasp of pain as her bones were broken. "You've always sickened me. If I could've had even an ounce of control....I would've wrecked so much havoc, I would've lived like I was meant to!" she gave a dreamy sigh.