Chapter 45

When Christmas Eve was two days away, things around the Burrow had a certain tension that was only present when Ginny and Alexandria occupied the same room. No fights ensued, but dry and dark looks were constantly thrown around, tonight was no different. Ginny was glaring at Alexandria who pretended not to notice as she sat between Vic and Fred on the couch in the living room, surrounded by the other members of the Weasley family. Alexandria wasn't paying much attention to Fred, not until he kissed her on the corner of her mouth, resulting in Vic making a noise from behind his book.

"You two make me sick," Vic said mockingly when Alexandria jabbed his side.

"We need to get you someone, you shouldn't be jealous, mate," Fred retorted as he laughed.

Vic put his book down and rolled his eyes slightly, "far from it actually, Lexi and I are both so attractive that if we were to ever be together the world simply couldn't handle the beauty we'd exude."

"You're full of yourself," Alexandria snorted, "and tacky."

"Tacky?!" Vic said, mock hurt tinging his voice, resulting in Fred and George and a few others in the room to begin laughing.

"Yes, what's that gold chain around your neck for?" Alexandria tugged at the slim chain around Vic's neck.

Vic pulled the chain from underneath his shirt and revealed her ring hanging off it, the same ring Vic had gifted her that they had turned into a protective relic a few years ago now. Alexandria had been looking for it for weeks, but no one would admit to knowing its whereabouts, it had secretly driven her mad. It was like her hand was a feather without the ring, it was her prized possession after all.

"Looks a bit tacky on that chain, did you become the king of all tacky without discussing things with me first?" Alexandria snorted, trying to diffuse the oncoming tension.

The breath Vic apparently had been holding slowly left his lungs as he put the chain back under his shirt.

"If I'm the king then you're the queen, we have the same tastes after all," Vic smirked.

Alexandria scowled at him and turned to Fred who was watching with silent amusement, "Fred doesn't think so, do you?"

Fred began to shake his head as he stammered something about getting a drink, he quickly got to his feet and left.

"Useless," Alexandria hissed at the vacant seat while Vic laughed hysterically.

Alexandria walked to the kitchen, finding Fred sipping a glass of water, "sorry, Lexi," Fred muttered.

Alexandria shrugged, its not like it bothered her any, Fred smiled, taking her in his arms and sighing, "yes, Freddie?"

Fred chuckled, "this time last year you were terrified of me. I'm just happy I can hold you now and nothing bad is going to happen," he leaned down and kissed her gently.

There was a cough behind them, forcing them to pause and see Ginny scowling.

"Alright, what is your problem, Ginny?" Fred demanded, letting go of Alexandria and taking a step in front of her. Shielding Alexandria from any possible spells Ginny may shoot at her.

Ginny shook her head, "It doesn't make sense that a murderer can just walk freely."

Alexandria's blood began to boil, her face turning red instantly as she stepped around Fred, heading toward Ginny and forcing her outside into the snow. Ginny protested the entire time, shivering through her thin jumper as Alexandria pushed her a few feet from the house, the snow coming up to their knees.

"Why do you care this much what your brother does with his life? He's happy, shouldn't that be enough for you?! Why do you have to attack me like this? The entire time I've been here its been nothing but dark, unwarranted looks whenever I enter a room. I've done some messed up shit this past year, but I did what I needed to survive just like anyone else would've," Alexandria demanded, she tried to hide the shivering as she waited for an answer. But Ginny provided nothing, she only frowned at the girl, Alexandria grinded her molars together in frustration before sighing heavily, "Fred's your brother and I understand anyone would be worried about their sibling. But you're overreacting. You should be happy--"