Chapter 18

Eloise Desmond was full Veela, her looks could start fights with a flick of her hair. Alexandria only had half of that beauty and half that affect, so when Eloise and Alexandria sat in the same room, it was as if the stars came down to dine. But today Eloise didn't look as radiant as she usually did. Today she looked disgusted and that disgust was directed toward her daughter.

"You mean, my daughter is a monster?" Eloise said, disgust dripping from every syllable that left her lips.

"She's a vampire," Alexandria's father sighed beside her as he wiped his brow.

Alexandria looked up at her parents from a stretcher. She was in a hospital bed, watching them converse as if she weren't in the room.

"How could this....my daughter is a monstrosity!" Eloise hissed, controlling her anger with every word.

"She's still our daughter," Claus Desmond said consolingly.

"She is no daughter of mine," Alexandria flinched at the words. Eloise turned her eyes on Alexandria, blue-green eyes stared unforgivably at her, as if being attacked had been all her fault. "She'll be shunned when people find out. My only daughter! Known as a monster, a freak."

"But...you still love me....don't you?" Alexandria whispered.

"Love you? You're a disgrace to the family! I could never love a thing like you!" Eloise shrieked with laughter.

Her face morphed along with the scene and now Alexandria was in the familiar Great Hall, many of the students standing before her with their wands raised toward her heart.

"Monster."

"Bloodsucker."

"Freak."

Every word they spoke resulted in a stabbing pain to the chest, Alexandria doubled over from the pain and heartache she was experiencing. The faces all became a blur as she bled out on the floor, where was Vic? Fred? Anyone that she loved?! Alexandria sobbed as names were shouted above her and the group stepped closer to her. She began convulsing as the sensation of the torture curse came over her body.

The scene changed and she was standing at the opening of the hallway where she had pulled Fred to the side to explain what she was.

"Fred," Alexandria gave a sigh of relief as she looked up at him happily.

Fred Weasley smiled slightly as he stepped closer to her. "darling..."

There was a stabbing pain again, and Alexandria stepped back. Gripping her midriff as she watched her blood drip down her shirt front and to the floor. "Why?"

"Who would ever love you?" Fred's words echoed around her as her vision blurred.

"You loved me," Alexandria whispered as everything dissolved into shapes.

Fred's smile was a sneer as her cheek flushed from the impact of his hand, "I never loved you."

~*~*~

Alexandria awoke screaming yet again, she panted heavily as she looked around the dark cellar. She needed to leave. Now. These dreams...nightmares...whatever they were called were getting worse every time she closed her eyes. Alexandria scrambled to free her hands and wiped her face harshly, those were nightmares. Not real. Not true....but...those things had happened...hadn't they?

Alexandria paused, looking back on those moments and wanting to cry, she had forgotten how badly those had really been. How Fred had hurt her on their first date when he found out what she was. How the students of Hogwarts had hurt her desperately and Vic was nowhere in sight, and her parents...It had all happened, it was all true. Alexandria wished it had never happened, it was everything she didn't want to remember, that she had blocked out of her mind to save herself from going insane from the heartache it all brought.