Chapter 6

"Lex, you have a bit of..." Vic gently wiped at her chin like a father would do to their child as he smiled slightly. "How do you feel?"

"Better," Alexandria shrugged, although the truth was that she was still starving. But after getting Snape's potions she would feel completely fine for another week.

"I can still see the veins....that's not normal, Lex," Vic commented as he leaned toward her.

"I still have to get that potion from Snape, that'll make a difference," Alexandria shrugged it off.

Vic seemed unconvinced but was silent as they walked up toward the castle, "can we go to the astronomy tower? I want to star gaze with the scopes tonight."

"Of course," Alexandria agreed with a grin.

The two walked on silently, but something about the night felt off, without a word Alexandria gripped Vic's sleeve as they walked on.

"Do you feel that?" Alexandria commented.

"Hmm?"

"The air....it feels...cold...and deadly, as if..." Alexandria shook off the feeling.

"Sometimes it's just cold."

"But...it's June."

Vic shrugged, "mother nature is strange, Lex."

Alexandria looked around, pulling out her wand from her boot as she went-unlike students who wore regular shoes, Alexandria chose her beloved boots over anything else. They worked perfectly as a place for her wand and went with everything. She quickened the pace as she stepped inside the castle.

"Do you hear..." Vic stopped, looking at Alexandria expectantly.

"There's shouting going on up there...dueling...people are fighting up there," Alexandria raised an eyebrow at Vic before they both ran for the stairs.

It wasn't long until they were in the middle of the fray that caught their attention in the first place. Death Eaters fought against members of the Order and the few loyal DA members from last year.

Vic grasped Alexandria's hand as a spell was shot toward them, "stick close."

Alexandria nodded and the two were off, the stench of blood filled the corridors as they defended fellow students or professors when they were out numbered. Vic had let go of her hand at one point, turning away to fight a masked death eater as Alexandria looked around the chaos.

This was the vision, the one that had frightened her so much in divination class. Alexandria's breathing became hitched and she looked around frantically, there was Neville Longbottom on the ground in his own blood. Alexandria covered her mouth tightly, not far from Longbottom did she find Ron Weasley, who was fighting his own Death Eater. Her fangs unsheathed themselves and her hand hurt as the fangs dug into her skin.

"Vic. Vic!" She looked to see a Death Eater over power Vic, tossing him into a wall like a rag doll and pelting him with more spells.

"NO!"

Alexandria lashed out at the man until she cut him, the smell was to die for, "Lexi. Don't do it. Control yourself," Alexandria looked to see Vic staggering to his feet, his own blood dripping down his neck. "Breathe."

The hunger was too much, the thirst was too great to handle as she advanced on the Death Eater, but before Alexandria could sink her teeth into him he freaked and ran off.

"Alexandria. Look at me!" Vic shouted from behind her.

Alexandria turned to look, only to be met with a frightened expression, was she really that scary? Vic coughed into his hand, splattering it with blood as he fell to his knees in pain. Alexandria didn't think, as she ran after Vic's assailant, the only thought that powered her was that she wanted to rip the head off of the man who hurt him.