Ho Hey (22)

Chapter 21: Ho Hey♡

 ❝Love - we need it now. Let's hope for some, so we're bleeding out. I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart.❞ - Ho Hey by The Lumineers

Week 10 - Day 68/ Day 70/ Day 71

⋆⋆⋆

Three more days, I thought anxiously to myself. Three more days until Drew and I would find out if we’d won The Newlywed Game. To say it was something about constantly would be just about right.

            I was worried. What would happen to Drew and I after the Newlywed Game was over? I loved him so much and I the thought that maybe, after the Newlywed Game we’d walk out and act as if we were strangers scared me. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Drew, even if it was only early but the real question was if Drew felt the same way.

            “What’s up with you?” Violet asked me, taking a seat next to me outside.

            “I’m just thinking,” I replied, taking a sip from my coffee.

            “About what?”

            “About The Newlywed Game, about Drew, about everything.”

            “You know, April, it’s not like I want you to win the 250 grand but if you do, I’ll be happy for you.” I smiled.

            “Thanks, Violet. Same, I wouldn’t mind losing to you,” I laughed. Violet and I were friends, I guess. We had to be considering we were on a game show together but over the past few weeks, I’d gotten to know her more and she was a nice girl, a little stuck-up but she wasn’t as bad as I had assumed she was.

            Violet and I sat there in silence and then, she randomly said, while looking up at the stars, “Your husbands pretty hot.”

            “Excuse me?” I guess in a way, I was used to Violet saying things out of the blue like that.

            “Relax, he’s not my type. I’m just saying he’s hot.” I scoffed. It didn’t look like Violet really had a type. She had slept with Luke who was the total opposite to her husband.

            Not knowing what to say I settled for, “I know.” Soon, our husbands joined us outside. I loved sitting out there; it was so peaceful and lovely. Drew sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

            Friday passed way too quickly for my liking. I wanted the days to slow down. On Saturday morning, I woke up late and was greeted by a smiling Drew. He was sitting on the end of the bed, reading a book. “Morning Baby,” I said, still half asleep.

            “Good morning sleeping beauty.” I rolled my eyes. Drew put his book on the bed and got up, walking to me and kissed my forehead.