A Thousand Years (18)

Chapter 18: A Thousand Years ♡

 ❝I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.❞ - A Thousand Years Part 2. by Christina Peri

⋆⋆⋆

“Same, I had lots of fun,” I agreed. I was sitting awkwardly on the edge of Drew’s couch, unsure of what to do or what to say. It had been awkward since I walked in.

            “How are you feeling?” Drew asked, kindly. I knew he was just trying to make conversation because I sure wasn’t.

            “Good,” I replied, vaguely. “You?”

            “Tired… I didn’t get much sleep last night.” At least I wasn’t the only one. Maybe he misses you, I small voice in the back of my mind told me excitedly.

            “Me either,” I confessed. “The bed… it felt empty.” I blushed at my sudden forwardness.

Drew lay down on his couch and opened his arms. “Come here.”

“What?” I asked, quickly.

“Come and lie down with me for a little while.” My eyes widened. “Come on, please, just for a little while.” I don’t know how long I lay with Drew on his small couch. His arms were wrapped around me and he felt like home. I fell asleep and once I woke up, I regretted that I didn’t make the most of lying down with Drew. Drew was asleep. I tried to shrug his arm off of me but that just woke Drew up. He gave me a tired smile and tightened his arms around me.

            He carefully moved his face closer to mine and placed his lips gently on mine. This was real. There were no cameras, nobody watching, it was just Drew and I and that feeling was indescribable. No string of words would ever be able to describe how incredible it felt.

            Stupidly I got up off of the couch and Drew did the same. “I need to go… bathroom.”

            Drew sighed. “Please don’t avoid me, please just talk to me.” I looked down. “April…” He paused. “I like you, okay? No, screw that. I love you. I’m not even sure if it’s possible to fall in love this quickly but I love you, call me crazy but I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Drew carefully wrapped his arms around me.

            “What?” I croaked.

 “I love you,” he murmured into my ear. “I love you so much it hurts. I love how you can’t watch a movie without crying, I love how you think everything has feelings, I love your eyes, I love the way you blush, I love the way you kiss me, I love the way you look at me. I love every single thing about you, I love every single one of your flaws and I’m never going to stop.”

            I kissed Drew. I kissed him with all I had. I tangled my hands into his hair. We pulled away from each other breathless. Drew put his forehead gently against mine. “I love you,” I said, gently.

            “Good,” he muttered and kissed me again. It didn’t take long for us to be cuddling on Drew’s bed, clothes thrown to the side in the mist of things. I wanted so badly to stay in bed with Drew for forever but I couldn’t.

            “I have to go,” I murmured. “Elliot’s waiting for me.” Drew tightened his arms around my bare waist.

            “Stay.”

            “I want to.”

            “So stay.”

            I laughed. “I’ll see you tomorrow, yeah?” Drew kissed my forehead, nodding. I blushed as I got off of the bed and looked around to get my clothes. I placed my panties and pants on and covered my breasts with my hands. Drew rolled his eyes. “Where’s my bra?”