26. Under the Stars

Start from the beginning

                "If you told me that I would be going out on a double date with Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, and my best friend about a year ago, I would have cried because it would've never happened." Jamie told me. "Now look at us."

                I laughed. "Exactly what I was thinking. I'm glad you aren't fainting because of the small amount of distance you have between all five guys recently."

                Jamie flashed me a grin. "I've matured, thank you very much."

                "We'll see about that."

                A knock from the door interrupted us. We shared a knowing look before I took the liberty of turning towards the front door, walking through the hallway and the kitchen to reach it. My hand grasped the doorknob as I opened it, Jamie right behind me to greet our dates for the evening. I don't think I could be ready for what was on the other side of the door even if I had prepared for it.

                Zayn was standing there in a black suit, and let me tell you, he looked good. There was a small brush of stubble across his chin, but that only added to the whole bad-boy look he had going on. His brown eyes were raking up my body slowly as I glanced at his perfectly styled black hair, looking soft and actually making me want to run my fingers through it.

                "Wow," He breathed. "You look gorgeous, love."

                I smiled at him, semi-accidentally blurting out, "And you look fucking hot."

                Zayn chuckled as I blushed. "That's my Rose."

                "Are you guys ready to go?" Jamie asked from behind us, hand in hand with the blonde Irish boy who was still gazing at her face with a smile.

                Zayn grasped my hand, lacing our fingers together as he answered, "Yeah, we're ready."

                My boyfriend and I stepped out of the apartment as Niall and Jamie shut the door after themselves, walking a few steps behind us while we ventured down the hallway. Zayn took the hand he was holding and wrapped it around my shoulders instead, pulling me against his body as we stepped into the elevator.

                "So," I said once we were all inside. "Where are we going on this date?"

The boys shared a knowing look.

Looks like it's a surprise.

                "You'll know when we get there," Zayn said smoothly, kissing my temple reassuringly.

                Jamie looked at me, shaking her head teasingly as I joined in. "Boys and their secrets," She said in mock-disapproval. "You never know anything anymore."

                I nodded with a sigh. "The only thing they're good for is playing video games and demanding sandwiches, these days."

                The guys laughed and it wasn't long until Jamie and I joined in. Once we were out of the elevator, the boys opened either side of the car doors as we slid in the back with a smile, excited for our suddenly planned fancy date. Zayn got into the driver seat while Niall slipped in the passenger, putting the radio on softly and claiming it was 'classy'.

                Again, we shared a laugh and spoke easily with small talk until ten minutes later, we reached a park. The sun was now hidden by the dark sky, but around us, the outside was somewhat lightly illuminated from the rising stars as nighttime officially commenced. Zayn took my hand in his as he also carried a basket in his hand, Niall following behind with a plastic bag from the grocery store with something inside.

                We stopped in the middle of the park, Niall taking the contents of the grocery bag out and laying a nice, big blanket down on the dewy grass. Jamie and I shared an impressed look as both boyfriends motioned for us to sit down, which we did, with our legs fashionably off to the side so our dresses were still covering everything. Zayn sat beside me and Niall sat beside Jamie as my own boyfriend opened the basket, taking out multiple food items.

                "Wow," I said, thoroughly impressed as both boys grinned successfully at us. "You guys pulled a great picnic together with only an hour to do so. I'm impressed."

                "As am I," Jamie added.

                Niall chuckled, "What, have you two lost faith in us?"

                "Well..."

                "Shut up and eat."

                I laughed, following Zayn's orders and taking a sandwich into my hands. Who knew these boys could actually plan out a date and not fail completely? After we ate, Jamie and Niall went for a walk, leaving Zayn and I alone on the blanket. I laid down on it, looking up at the night sky as stars scattered around beautifully. There was a soft hum of birds in the trees, rustling the leaves as they created a comfortable position.

                "It's so pretty out tonight." I commented after Zayn laid down beside me, our sides touching.

                His head turned towards me and I felt his big brown eyes staring at my face. "Only because you're out here."

                I rolled my eyes, but smiled and turned my head to meet his gaze. "Cheesy."

                "Nope, I think it was cute."

                I laughed, my hand finding his. "Tonight was perfect."

                Zayn grinned. "I'm glad you enjoyed it, love. It's the least I could do for you having so much patience with me when I was..."

                After he trailed off, I gave him a weak smile, knowing that I had hated when he couldn't remember. But that didn't matter, because now my Zayn was back, and there was nothing that could take me away from him. No lies, no cheating, nothing.

                "Thank you." He said. As I looked at him with confusion clouded in my eyes, he took a deep breath, looking up at the sky before deciding to elaborate. "We got in an awful accident together... an accident that we both were harmed from. Do you have any idea how much it means to me that you don't even care, Rosie? That you always just jump back into the car without hesitation when I'm driving?"

It was true.

                "Because I trust you, and I don't blame you for what happened." I said softly, watching his penetrating gaze meet mine again.

                He half-smiled at me, the seriousness still very much present in his eyes. "I love you."

                I smiled back. "I love you, too."

_____

WHO IS GETTING BORED? WHO WANTS DRAMA? BECAUSE NEXT CHAPTER, YOU'RE GETTING IT!!

COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN

VOTE 'CAUSE YOU LOVE ME<3