Chapter 55

Sandra's POV

"How's Harry?" I asked walking into the hospital with Gloria behind me. The only reason she was behind me was because I literally ran in here, so yeah.

"He's the same, do you have the money?" Anne asked nervously.

"Yeah, I already paid the hospital. They said the doctor was going to come talk to you guys. Has he came?" I asked.

"Not yet, but he'll be here soon I hope" Anne sighed.

After about an hour the doctor finally came out. He looked at us with no emotion whatsoever but I just hope that's a good thing.

"We will commence with the operation now. I promise to come keep you in touch ever hour or so. I must warn you about the risks though. Harry may have memory loss and he may not wake up right away it may take him a while" The doctor said.

"What exactly are you going to do to him if I may ask" I said.

"We're going to get rid of all the drugs and bad stuff he has in his system and we're going to repair his brain, it may be damaged"

"What is the probability of him never waking up?" Liam asked.

"Its really low actually, about like 13%. It would be rare that he dies from the operation" The doctor assured. We all just nodded.

"If you excuse me, I have to start now. God bless all of you and hopefully this operation goes great" The doctor sad before walking away.

"So how did your meeting with your parents go?" Anne asked making small talk.

"I'm not gunna lie, it went horrible"

"Really? How bad?" She asked surprised.

"Well my whole family hates me, thinks i'm crazy, and they probably want me to die. My dad was the best one though. He clearly said that i wasn't his daughter, that he would rather have had me die than my grandfather, and then he threatened me to get off his property before he took out the rifle" I said sadly.

"He said that?!" Anne asked in shock.

"You don't realize how much that hurt me. I stayed up last night crying my eyes out. I also remembered how bad my childhood was and just cried harder" I sighed sadly.

"How did you get treated as a child?" She asked, but I could tell she quickly regretted it.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked" She muttered.

"Its fine. I won't tell you every single detail, but I will tell you this; my stepmother was the worst of all"

"What did she do?" Anne asked in worry.

"Ever since I was little, she would abuse me. She would hit me for every little mistake I made. To say she took it so far, that she convinced me I was crazy" I chuckled sadly.

"How'd she manage that?" Anne asked in disbelief.

"She took me to a fake doctor and he said I was mentally stupid. He "prescribed" me pills to fix me. She always said "Sandra if you had a brain you'd be dangerous". Anyways, it took me until my 13th birthday to realize it was all a scam. For 6 years, she fed me Vicodin and valium every morning and night. I guess slowly it started turning me insane. Thank goodness I found out what she was doing to me or else I would've died" I sighed.

"How did you find out?" Anne asked.

"About 10 days after I turned 13, I started hallucinating. I saw things that no one else did. I don't remember much of that day. My brother said that it looked like I was getting possessed. He said I was shaking terribly, foam was coming out of my mouth, my face had turned white, that I kept on screaming and yelling. My parents immediately took me to the hospital. I had over dosed on pills, but I didn't. Turns out my stepmom slipped different drugs into my food and that morning she mixed two lethal drugs. I still don't know if it was an accident or if she did it on purpose" I sighed.