Chapter 5

Sandra's POV

"What's up?" I asked as soon as Gloria left.

"I was talking to Mr. Roberts the other day and you somehow came up in our conversation" The principal said.

"What about me?" I asked.

"He said he noticed you had quite alot of bruises all over your legs and that most of the time you prefer to wear pants" Mr. Perez said.

"I don't like to show off my legs, is there a problem with that?" I asked. I tried not to seem nervous because then they would suspect something.

"Yes, you've changed a lot. You used to be loud, rude, noisy, everything that came to your head you'd say it without thinking twice. You used to be smart and highly social with everyone even the staff. What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing, I guess I changed without noticing it. I'm fine"

"Your grades have dropped from a 4.1 to a 2.7. That's very bad. If you keep this up, you won't graduate. Is there problems at your house?"

"No, everything's fine. I guess i've just been slacking off more. I'll try to bring my GPA back to at least a 3.0. I promise"

"Are you getting abused?" He asked looking deep into my eyes. Ok, that question got me off guard. I took a big gulp and thought for a moment.

"No. I got these bruises when I went bike riding with my sister. I just fell and these bruises appeared"

"But-"

"I'm not" I yelled cutting him off.

"Can I go back to class now?!" I spat.

"Yes. Just remember if you need help look for it. Don't make yourself weak and useless" He yelled as I stormed out of the office. Gloria shot me a worried look and I just ignored her and walked straight to the restroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Slowly lifting up my sweater sleeves and examining my arms. Nasty bruises covered it. Why can't I just get rid of Jason? I dam right deserve this, but still I need help. Maybe I gotta find Oscar? Maybe if I find Oscar and fix my pass, I won't get hurt anymore. Maybe that's what I need. Yet, when my parents find out they'll kick me out of the house and i'll be on my own.

I bet you're really confused now right? Well let's just say I'm not as innocent as everyone thinks I am. I'm more of a victim and villain. When I was 14, I started going out with Oscar Perez. Almost 7 months after that, he took me to a party where he slipped drugs into my cup. I seen him slip the drugs in, so I didn't drink the cup, I faked it. He took me up to a room expecting me to probably loose my senses. He was dead wrong and he forced me to have relations with him. He raped me and then dumped me that same night. I found out I was pregnet a couple of weeks after that. When Oscar found out, he supported me and convinced me to have the baby. When I was 4 months pregnet I told my parents I had won a 5 month class assignment to Paris with 10 other kids. When in reality I was stuck in a house 20 miles away from them. When I had the baby, Oscar ran away with him and that's all I know. I never named him or anything. I went on a strict diet to loose the baby fat, and thankfully no one ever found out. Only me, Juan, Gloria, and Oscar know.

That's the sad truth. Now you understand why I said Jason is karma. I deserve this and many more, but its just reality in this fucked up world I live in. I basically hate the baby for ruining part of my life and other stuff.

Anyways, enough talk of that. Let's just let go of the past and continue living the present.

Gloria's POV

"Mrs. Lopez, I'm scared of your friend over here" Mr. Perez said as I sat down.

"Why?" I asked

"Do you know why she has all those bruises?" Shit! Well I guess she denied it so lemme just continue with her lies. I hate this. I hate covering for her and keeping her secrets. She needs psychological help.