"Besides, some of you really do need more time for revision."

Robyn's eyes fell on the paper laying face-down on the table.

"Those of you who do know who you are. I would suggest you get tutoring from someone in the class, or come see me during lunch and we can go over the topics again," Mr. Samuels turned and began writing on the whiteboard.

Robyn was certain of one thing, she would not get tutoring from him during lunch.

"You're all adults so I hope you make a wise decision about it," he concluded.

A soft sigh left Robyn's lips.

Rick raised a hand. When he turned to face the class again, the teacher gestured for him to speak.

"Who's going to be our new teacher?"

That hadn't crossed Robyn's mind. If it was someone like her previous biology teacher then she might just fall in love with the subject again.

"She's someone you've not had before," their teacher replied, "she's just graduated with her teaching degree, so I hope you guys will be easy on her. Her name is Ms. Higgins."

Robyn heaved another sigh. Since exam weeks were nearing she'd have more pressure from all three of her subjects. She only prayed she would do well in them and not fail any.

The rest of the lesson went by in a blur; it was no wonder Robyn couldn't remember anything during the tests. When the buzzer went Robyn was the first one to stand and pack her things away.

As she walked past the teacher's desk, he  called her.

She whirled around, thinking of an excuse to save her from being tutored by him.

"You're one of the students who need extra help."

Unable to meet his eyes, Robyn focused on papers on the desk.

"I'm free to tutor you, but if you'd rather study with a classmate then Holly's pretty good--"

"Sir, I--"

"Holly actually has chemistry catch-up during lunchtime," Rick interrupted. "If you want, Robyn, I can tutor you," he looked at her sideways.

"Well, you can decide what you'd like. Of course, you don't have to take tutoring but looking at your performance I would greatly encourage you to," Mr. Samuels interlocked his large, thick fingers, looking genuinly concerned.

If she didn't decide now it could cost her her grade. And she really didn't want anything lower than a C.

"Yes, sir," she looked at Rick, "I'll take your offer, then."

The night was peaceful

The night was peaceful. Ray looked at the sky, the clouds so thick it muffled the light of the moon. He had noticed Robyn a lot during the day at school, even during times she had no clue he was watching. Or maybe she did know and felt indifferent about it.