Chapter 33

This is the day that will decide the fate of the werewolf kind. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror, it reminded me of the day of the Mating Ball and the day of the beginning of the Supernatural Mating Games. I was nervous because I knew this day would change my life and it did.

When I found out that I will be competing in the Supernatural Mating Games, I thought I was lucky or special to have a chance to be away from the werewolf community. But later I found out that I was indeed really lucky and special to Eros to give me a chance at competing in the games.

Then when I stood in front of the entrance of the Arena, I knew that this day would also change my fate. Back then I never knew the true meaning of having a mate, I never knew the feeling of being in love with someone who is perfect for you. But now I know and I'm ready to move on to a happy or sad ending with Mortimer.

My light brown hair is styled in a beautiful braided updo, while my face is covered in natural style makeup. I love what the tailor did to the dress, she adjusted the dress to my size and made it more elegant.

"You should wake from your daydreaming, Alice. Because your soulmate is waiting outside, who is looking forward to seeing you in the beautiful dress." My mother snapped me out of my thoughts. I hope I wasn't standing here too long. I thought to myself as I made my way to the door.

As soon as I opened the door I saw Mortimer standing wearing the tuxedo. He looks handsome in the tuxedo. When I left the room, Mortimer's gaze never left on me but I didn't stop staring at him either.

"You look very beautiful!" Mortimer complimented me and I blushed. I couldn't form my words after this comment, but Mortimer grinned and he took my hand then kissed like how he did on the first date. I blushed again, but I finally managed to say something.

"You look handsome yourself!" I complimented him back with a sultry voice. He grinned again as we made our way to the ballroom. The closer we are to the ballroom, the more nervous I'm becoming. Mortimer noticed and gently squeezed my hand and I smiled at him.

At first, it was planned that we have a meeting then a ball, but there was a change of plans and I guess I will be going to the ball first. Then we finally made it to the ballroom, there were lots of guests but I and Mortimer managed to stay unnoticed by the guests.

But soon the kingdom's representatives wanted to talk with Mortimer, so basically I'm alone amongst the people who judge me by my race. I sighed, well I guess I'll go to the food table and get some dessert.

"Glad to see my step-sister, that I didn't get to meet earlier!" Someone behind me said. When I turned around I saw a man with pale skin, light hair, and iconic yellow eyes that every member of the Blackborn family has.

"It's simply not meant to be! Oh, by the way, have you found your soulmate?" I asked Julien. Sometimes I was wondering about this coincidence, that my supposed to be the pursuer in the mating games is my stepbrother.

Julien smiled at me, meaning that he found his mate. " Yeah, I think Megan was in your group during the Mating games."

"Is she here?" I excitedly asked him.

"No, she is still giving me a hard time, I decided not to take her as the punishment with me knowing that she will go there if she knew you were here," Julien said. Knowing Megan she is already having a hard time accepting her mate judging by her story.

Suddenly the lights went out and soon I heard people panicking. But then the lights turned back again, I was confused but I was not the only one who was confused, because almost nothing had changed. Well almost.